[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Ahhh .. ok.. You click getVersionReport and you will see it report the version in the logs..

2 Likes

yep - onto it. Never loaded Just an driver for the purpose.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

So one of my zwave repeaters is:
applicationVersion:1.2 and the other is applicationVersion:1.5
but the Aeotec website says the firmware is only the 1.05 version ?

Additionally - are range extenders meant to be set as "repeaters" or "relays" ?

3 Likes

1.05 and 1.5 are the same just written differently ..

?? not sure what you are asking here

sorry on the device type page

1 Like

You have the correct driver selected...

1 Like

I just updated my Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay to v 1.2 but had to exclude then pair again since I couldn't get it to respond to any commands but it's working great after doing that.

Really good job, it was so simple to do.

Below is the changelog:
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/356-zen16-multirelay-change-log/

2 Likes

Some of the zooz models did loose their pairing in our beta testing.. But this was rare to see on most devices

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Nice job @bcopeland , has this been tested with the Inovelli Switches, this way we can update firmware without having to buy a Z-Wave USB stick!

1 Like

Yes it has... In fact that was the first firmware files I had to test with..

1 Like

Thanks man! I guess I'll have stuff to do next week in between forced work at home and not having that much work to do at home because of all this nightmare in the world right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Worked great on the Inovelli Red switch. I did have to power cycle the switch to get it to work. It thought is was a sleepy device but after the power cycle it updated fine.

I have a dimmer also but I will hold off on updating until you get a chance to test with both firmware files. There was a bug in the switch firmware that I am glad to have fixed but the dimmer I have works fine so it can wait.

Great driver, saved me from having to buy a Zwave stick. Thanks.

1 Like

That's strange .. Haven't had that happen yet.. thanks for reporting it..

Where is this second firmware file? I didn't find anything on it listed on inovelli's page

funny thing...they dont mention a second file in their own OEM update instructions....let alone a .bin file

any advice @ericm @Eric_Inovelli

2 Likes

I just converted it to a hex file... will test..

Does this work for the original Inovelli switches?

How about the Homeseer switches?

Looking forward to trying this out!

1 Like

should work for any z-wave device that you can get an ota or hex file for

1 Like

The target 0 otz works fine.. In fact I have been on that firmware version for a while now..

My first 2 attempts now on the target 1 are failing to find firmware descriptor.

1 Like