[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Does anyone know for Aeotec which file needs to be converted to Hex or Otz?

I downloaded the zip file from Aeotec support page for multisensor 6. However all the files in the zip packages are either DLL or XML file.

AU Package:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/6085201188

1 Like

The firmware file is embedded in the exe file as a binary.. I have extracted many of these using a hex editor and then running it through a bin2hex converter .

3 Likes

MS6.. what region?

Nevermind.. you said it.. AU..

@sujit

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djdizzyd/hubitat/master/Drivers/Z-Wave-Firmware-Updater/Aeotec-ZW100-MultiSensor-6-AU-V1.13.hex

Let me know when you are done so I can delete it.. I don't want to get a call from Aeotec lawyers..

2 Likes

Thanks, that was fast.

You can delete the file, I've made a copy of it.

2 Likes

Done... And you're welcome..

1 Like

I got the same thing. Worked great for the zooz, but got the sleepy device msg on the Red Inovelli LZW30. Tried to 'wake' the switch up but couldnt get it to update.

1 Like

At which point in the update did you get this message? Because if I understood the previous poster, it did update but he had to restart the switch when it got to that point.. Pull the air-gap switch and push it back in

1 Like

Ooh I wonder if I could flash an Oomi Power Outlet with Aeotec Firmware ??
That'd help sort out my OCD as they appear to be just rebadged, reskinned Aeotec Smart Switch 6's but at 1/2 the price.

EDIT:
Saw this on the Aeotec Supprt page so I have NOT tried updating.
Warning - Do not update Oomi Plug FT096 with Aeotec Smart Switch 6 firmware, this will cause your Oomi Plug to lose energy report calibration.

1 Like

It's possible.. All it can do is tell you no.. If the firmware descriptor doesn't match the firmware on the device it will refuse to update.. So it's safe to try..

2 Likes

Right after it says firmwareUpdateProgress : Requesting device start... it then goes to

firmwareUpdateProgress : Please wake up your sleepy device

I tried pulling the air gap switch, toggling the switch, etc. and it just gets stuck there.

1 Like

:thinking: That's odd... So the device never started the firmware segments..

This is the red switch? or red dimmer?

Red switch. Using this firmware: https://support.inovelli.com/portal/kb/articles/firmware-v1-41-beta-lzw31-sn-dimmer-red-series-gen-2

1 Like

can you turn on debug log and try again and send me the log?.. It's either the device isn't initiating, or the driver is missing a message..

That is the dimmer firmware.

1 Like

Ahhh.. if that is the case.. yes.. if for some reason the firmware ids don't match up the device or the driver will stop the process..

There are all kinds of safety mechanisms to prevent loading incorrect firmware, and to prevent corrupt firmware from being flashed

No it's not, url is mislabeled. I got that directly from Eric and the page is titled: Firmware v1.16 (Beta) | LZW30-SN | Switch - Red Series (Gen 2)

2 Likes

Ok.. Then yes.. If you could capture the debug log at that point it would be very helpful