[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

I’m not sure exactly what triggers their driver to look it up.. Try hitting configure and refresh..

That did the trick! @bcopeland You're a genius!

Thank you so much for this handy updater!

1 Like

Anytime

I tried this updater on Zooz Muiltrelay Zen16 switch.

The switch was updated and after finding out that the current driver didn't have the new parameter settings so I rolled back to previous firmware version. I was using PC Controller and zwave stick.

I uploaded the firware on my private web server and then went to zen16 device setting and changed out the driver to this updater.

This updater was quick and it really fle. It completed the firmware update in 5-7 minutes compared to PC Controller which took more than 10 minutes even with the zen16 switch sitting next to the laptop that was updating it.

I switched back to the zen16 driver and checked the parameter to see if the recent hubitat update added those new parameter and it did contained the new parameters that I been waiting for .. YAY! .. Thanks Zooz and Hubitat ..

All i did is went into RM and made some changes with the new parameter which was saved with no issues.

No rebooting, repairing, or resetting was done. It start working right after i adjusted the RM to reflect the changes in the new parameter setting.

I would have given this updater a 4 thumbs up but unfortunately I was born with only two hands so it get two thumbs up from me!

1 Like

I couldn't resist trying out this updater some more. Next device that I updated was a Inovelli Red Series Dimmer switch which was the furthest device from the HE.

It took updater about 22 minutes to update it then it work right off the bat. No rebooting, repairing or resetting was needed after the update.

1 Like

Looks like TheSmartestHouse .com site is even excited for the Z-Wave Firmware Updater!

Again "Great job", @bcopeland

12 Likes

Nice

3 Likes

I have one of these.. You saying something is missing?.. I can whip up a driver

1 Like

No i am not missing anything, Everything went great!

Awesome job on the updater!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry was reading pre-coffee this morning

3 Likes

No problem, My English is not great either and I understand sometime folks have difficulty reading and understanding my post right away.

Enjoy your coffee!

2 Likes

:coffee: :coffee: :grin:

3 Likes

How does it feel to be officially published? :+1:

5 Likes

@bcopeland, you are a beast (that's good). Thank you!

3 Likes

This is some awesome work. Let's keep those 'likes" coming in and get @bcopeland over the 100 mark!!!

5 Likes

Y’all are amazing.. I love this community

10 Likes

Could I ask you to post the latest firmware versions for each of the Leviton devices? Having difficulty finding that on Leviton’s site.

3 Likes

worked like a charm on my innovelli lzw-30-sn
and im a newbee

one thing @bcopeland
when done...
firmwareUpdateProgress : Complete device is flashing...

that is a confusing statement

thanks so much!
mitch

2 Likes

Is it?

Progress is "Complete" .. "device is flashing" ..

Guess I could put a , there

Yep.. Will do .. Give me a bit..

1 Like