[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Both Configure and Refresh are in the top section of the device page to the left of the on and off button. The save(s) will have done somewhat the same.

2 Likes

Ah - found them. They are buried in the middle of a bunch of other buttons on the Inovelli driver :grinning: I was so used to seeing them up in the top/left that I just completely missed them.

1 Like

I believe the actual number of buttons in the Inovelli device page is 4 thousand two hundred and twelve buttons, at least in my last count where I was continually interrupted. :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Where is this found? Is it a built in app, package manager app, or just found on GitHub?

In the Hubitat Github.

2 Likes

Pretty sweet, I just updated 4 of my Aeotec Multisensor 6's in about 30 minutes. Way simpler than the first one I did with a z-stick.

Don't forget to un-comment the multi tap options....

Can anybody help me get a hold of the firmware for the Australian version of the Aeotec Multisensor 6?

Sorry. I should have specified that I'm after the extracted flash-able .hex file, which Aeotec don't provide.

I would have realized that if I looked inside the zip. That is how I had to do it before bcopelands updater.

Have you asked Aeotec?

I'd be interested in the hex file too. I have one multisensor on 1.12

I haven't, but I know others have. They won't give it out.

Since Bryan is now on staff, any of these files that need extraction, will need to be self-extracted and handled offline somehow. Perhaps someone that has extracted the files can post a how-to. These files belong to someone else and should not be publicly posted.
Have you tried contacting Aeotec support?

@sujit, are you able to help with the Australian version of the Aeotec M6 firmware?

Lol this convo feels a lot like the console hacking scenes I frequented back in the day.

How do we gain userland access to exploit the kernal???

I wanna run unsigned homebrew on my hubitat...

2 Likes

way, way back in the day.

@jason-lane

If you have a second z-wave stick and a Windows PC, you should be able to add PC controller (from Silabs - its a free download) as a secondary controller to Hubitat and then use PC Controller to send Aeotec's firmware to your sensors (without using Hubitat for the process .....)

3 Likes

I had done this originally (log before bcopeland's utility) I used a S2 Z-wave stick I purchased from eBay. Basically used the directions on Aeotec's website.

I wonder if one could unplug the Z-stick (if they have a C4). Plug it into a PC and update it the "official" way Aeotec recommends.

1 Like