The device I am trying to update is a Zooz tilt sensor attached to my garage door. I moved the hub into the garage and started the update again. This time I got 7% complete before it just stopped recording anything in the log and the percent complete also stopped. The update started at 8:29 and stopped at 8:54 with only 7% complete. Attached is a partial log
With really stubborn devices I will factory reset them, pair to a USB stick directly, update, then reset again and use the zwave "Replace" on the C7 to join it back to the original node. I have found for some reason the replace work 100x better if I start the replace inclusion, count to 10 then put the device into inclusion mode.
Edit: going through this thread i would like to make some remarks
A big thank you to the Hubitat devs, especially @bcopeland for his contributions.
It seems to mee mostly Zooz, Innovelli and some Aeotec devices have public available firmwares.
Would it be helpfull to have a pinned message somewhere linking to the companies firmware locations for easy reference?
Extracting the hex files from executables (Aeotec) is not for the faint hearted in my opinion. Would it be feasible to write a tool for this to do so? In my case i would like the hex file for the eu version of the gen5 recessed doorsensor that i had lying around, but i simply dont have the guts but i dont want to bring anyone into some legal liablities
If your in the UK, I have a hub for these updates, but you would need to send it to me and return. Fibaro stuff is get but it's a pain.
Aeotec is easier but you even need to connect it to a stick after removing it from hubitat or you have to download and extract the hex from their files. Once you know how to do it, it's quite easy. It's the getting there which is hard as you mentioned.
I am trying to upgrade a z-wave device over the air and the manufacturer has only .OTA files available. In the documentation of the firmware updater, it seems that the file needs to be .OTZ. Any idea how I can update the firmware with an .OTA file?
Thanks for your answer. It is the Heating Thermostat HE-HT01 from Heltun.
I contacted them and they told me that my firmware 2.07 is actually the same as 2.7 and thus I have the latest version not yet available on their site... So I am not going to try crazy stuff for now.
I thought my firware was outdated as the built-in thermostat app (Heltun Heating Thermostat) does not seems complete : there is no reporting of the floor temperature, there is a useless cooling function, useless fan button... Does not seems right... But it is not the firmware of the device apparently.
Thank you for your answer. I received the info that on this device, firmare 2.07 and 2.7 are the same ... So I will not try this now. This being said, I will keep this link as it seems to be the solution for upgrading from an .ota file.