[RELEASE] WyzeHub - Wyze Device Integration (minimal cam support)

I just installed a Wyze Garage Door Controller with integrated v3 camera. But they don’t have Alexa integration working with it yet (they’ve promised it and it’s printed on the box). I’d love to have that working with this Hubitat app.

I’m happy to test and help any way I can. I can pitch in and buy a Wyze Garage Door Controller if you’d like.

Very good job, I'm using it for the cameras and it's very useful. however, I cannot include the true or false value in the rules to know if it is online or not and launch warnings.

could you include the ability to presence, synchronized with the state of the camera?

greetings and thank you very much.

Thanks for this! Just needed the on/off control for cameras to save on battery. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the work on this.
I have a Wyze doorbell I would love to see that there was an event for doorbell pressed. I have deaf in-laws and it would be great to flash the lights when the doorbell was pressed. IFTTT has the functionality but the delay makes it useless.

With my Wyze Floodlight, I wanted to know when the floodlight got turned on. I see this is reflected in the cam device via the current state "floodlight_powerstate: false". I added a virtual switch and I thought I'd create a rule to change the state of the virtual switch depending upon that custom attribute. But RM doesn't like that the attribute type is a BOOL:

But then I was thinking - it might be better if the WyzeHub handled this directly. If there is a Floodlight connected to the v3 cam, perhaps it should create a virtual switch to reflect the state of the floodlight as a switch (noting that state is only updated at the rate the driver polls Wyze). Then I can write other automation that could easily be triggered by the floodlight going on.

Bruce states Boolean is not a supported type for an attribute in a driver. The suggestion in that thread (and in Rule Machine - Boolean Condition Custom Attribute) is to change the attribute from bool to an enum like this, which allows Rule Machine to act upon it as a custom attribute.

This change is in line 88 of the WyzeHub Camera driver:
(I created a pull request with it)

attribute "floodlight_powerstate", "bool"
To:
attribute "floodlight_powerstate", "enum", ["true","false"]

With that change, I can finish adding the rule to make a virtual switch mirror the state of the floodlight:

Camera question (specifically V3)... should I be able to view it on Dashboard? I created a tile based on the Camera device, set it to Image template with 30 second refresh, but it's just a blank box.

The camera driver is only there for control of the device (on/off, etc), does not pull images/video. There are options to get get video but requires updating camera firmware allowing for an RSTP stream.

3 Likes

Is there any way to trigger the floodlight light on and off? It seems the powerstate true and false is read only and does not actually change the state of the device. It would be nice to have a virtual button that turned the floodlight lights on and off. Going into the wise app and hitting that little tiny icon is really cumbersome. The best work-around I've come up with is to have a rule at the top of the homepage for turning the light on and a rule for turning the light off. Any other ways of doing this???

Wyze is like the plague. All my devices suddenly show OFFLINE in the Wyze app and I can't get them back online. Epic fail on Wyze's end.
I plan to stay far away from their products from now on.
I have about 20 various cams, light bulbs, outlets, door locks, motion sensors - all just suddenly went OFFLINE except I can see the live camera feed, format SD cards, sync time but not upgrade firmware on the cams. Obviously this a a Wyze failure, as nothing has changed on my end network. Shame on Wyze!

Try force stopping the app and reloading

I've completely reinstalled the app on 4 different devices with no luck. I've uninstalled the app and just logged in on one device with no success. I've tried to delete and reinstall devices with no luck. For all my devices to suddenly show offline is clearly beyond my settings.

I've got almost 200 zwave devices which work just fine. The Wyze cloud servers (Amazon) have the issue, meanwhile Wyze is busy releasing new products instead of investing in the reliability of the current products.

What good is a Wyze door lock if I can't operate or see it's status online from anywhere? My Schlage zwave door locks never, ever do this.

My cams show off line but I can see live feed through them, format the SD card and sync time but can't upgrade firmware because it will say device is offline. It's like all my devices are bricked.

Wyze has been no help what so ever and want me to run some program to test my network. I'll pass. I've got top end equipment that works fine with everything else and did work fine with Wyze until their cloud took a dump on me...

I now have zero confidence in wyze products. Such an epic fail on their part.

Wow, I've had issues but nothing like that...mine will occasionally show offline but like you, I can see the live feed. That's why I suggested force closing the wyze app. I starting noticing that it would say offline on my phone but not on a separate tablet. Assumed it was some kind of cache issue and a force stop usually removed the offline indicator unless there was a true network interruption.

Wish I had seen all this 3 weeks ago - before I replaced all my cameras and doorbell with Wyze!

jakelehner or jlv have you figured out any way to control the floodlight light with a virtual button? Are there any hooks to make this happen? Using a virtual button as a state sensor is useful but I need a more efficient way to turn the light on and off from my dashboard and via voice with Google Assistant.

I just installed the Wyze App and Wyze Cam drivers. All devices are connected. I'm trying to turn on a light when motion is detected and can't find the correct device in Rules to do this. I've tried switches but nothing happens. Wyze cams don't show up in motion detectors or contact switches. Has anyone of you set this up?

1 Like

Hi Jake:
New to the group and Hubitat due to the WINK shut down. I have many wyze devices and would love to integrate them into HE.
I'm not at the point where I know how to add these files. I have cameras, switches, indoor and outdoor plugs, vacuum and LED and bulbs.
Richard

also sensors

Since no one chimed in with a solution, I figured I’d post what I came up with. I didn’t want to have to use a cloud based solution but I had no choice. I just made a virtual color temperature light button and connected 2 applets in IFTTT to turn the floodlight on/off. Since my Flood light is set to automatic inside of the Wyze app and will turn off after 3 minutes of PIR detection I also had to make a basic rule in Hubitat > (When Flood Light turns on and stays on for 3 minutes … Turn off Floodlight) or else the dashboard button will not stay in sync in certain conditions. Hope this helps someone until the floodlight is properly integrated.

2 Likes

There is a lot of discussion above about using these for motion detection.

For what its worth, after that post, I did discover an endpoint to pull events from the API.

I've been testing the setup for a bit and it seems to work ok. I am still polling for data so it is never real-time motion alerts, not close enough for things like security/lighting.

1 Like