[Release] Withings Integration (New Management)

Just did a test with my Scanwatch - and I would have had the same problem as you (except I have now changed to a Samsung watch - with a different set of problems :smiley:)
Have you tried leaving the phone app running and used the phone battery config to prevent it being put to sleep?
If the web app doesn't get updated I don't think there are any changes to the Hubitat app which could help.

1 Like

I've already given all permissions to the Withings App and have set the battery config to "unlimited"; Still no value updates are incoming... :cry:

I fear there is also no API to force to Withings App to sync - maybe via Tasker... :thinking:

Since you mentioned Tasker, I'm assuming Android. If by any chance, that's a Samsung, there's one thing you can try:

Open the Withings app. Don't close it, but go to your home screen. Then, go to your recent apps screen. Witthings should show up. Tap the icon on the top of the Withings tile. You should see a sub menu. Tap on "keep open"

That will keep the app always open on the background. I do this with the hubitat app for presence sensing

I don't believe this is an option on all Androids. It was not the last time I checked. But, that was before Android 14.

Keep Open

Edited to add, there is a suport article on devices not syncing on the Withings side of things here:

1 Like

This sounds like an issue with how often the Withings app is updated with your phone’s steps data, not an issue with how often the integration gets data from Withings. If the withings app on your phone is not updated with the steps from your phone, Withings won’t have the actual steps and that means this integration won’t be able to pull the actual steps either. If you can figure out how to update your Withings app more often, I bet this integration will pull the actual steps as you desire.

For what it’s worth, I’m noticing the same thing on my iPhone. But Apple has more restrictions on background data refresh for iPhones.

1 Like

Very good idea! :+1:

But my Moto G Pro don't has this option. :cry:

It's a shame, I didn't find a workable solution.
And as usual, Withings support is not responding. :man_shrugging:

Nevertheless, thank you for all your efforts, dear @JustinL!

BTW, I've found a completely different solution to my problem:
I use the "Google Fit" integration of Home Assistant to get the current Steps of today; And thanx to HADB I can finally use this value also in Hubitat. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just migrated my hub with this integration..and now I'm getting emails from them with this title:

"[Withings] Impossible to reach your server"

Is there an easy answer to this or do I need to delete and start over? Looks like the hub UUID is in the string they sent so I was wondering if there was a place somewhere to fix that?

I'm getting the same thing, I tried renewing the "secret" but it made no difference :weary:

Tried deleting the app, and the Withings API, and starting from scratch, made zero difference when testing the Registered URL from the Withings developer portal. :weary:

That was going to be my next step.... ugh

I think it's missing it's access token, when I enter https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/ into chrome that's the message it returns, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing tbh.

Is there any possibility of an update on this? Not sure if it's connected, but for the last couple of days my sleep sensor doesn't update it's presence status in the morning when I get up unless I power cycle it.

Not sure what’s going on after your migration. I’ve seen those emails before too but they resolved after I took the steps you did (reauthenticate and power cycle. I would think that the emails concern your previous hub (because it’s impossible to reach now), in which case you could just ignore them. But trouble with your new hub causes pause on that. What do the logs look like when you power cycle the Withings device and reauthenticate this app?

Interestingly, it updated it's presence correctly this morning.

Edit: Logs deleted

This is the registered url test response post reauthentication;

Logs look good to me (although they should be redacted for personal info) despite the test saying unreachable. Must be a relic of your old hub. These emails have resolved spontaneously for me in the past. As long as your new hub is updating, ai think you can ignore the emails and chalk them up to your old hub being unreachable.

Awesome, thanks. Is the access token personal info?

Yes IMO. With those sorts of detailed logs a private message is more appropriate

Ah, apologies, just deleted them all. Thanks for the clarification, and for looking into it for me :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been noticing intermittent outages with my sleep sensors. When I tried to check the device events I got an error. So, I tried reauthorizing my account and I just get “no response from hub.” Any suggestions?

EDIT: Solved with a hub reboot.

Is there a guide for getting this working with the sleep state chart tile?
My FileManagerDevice01 shows the last file written as WithingsSleepDataForDevice83.txt, but my Withings Chart Device isn't showing any Current States.