[RELEASE] Weather-Display With OWM-Alerts Forecast Driver

[UPDATED]
v0.4.3
12/01/2020

Changes:

• Added ability to select the Weather Alert source (None/OWM/Weather.gov {US Only}).
    There is a new preference selection:

Please note that the source weather.gov only provide alerts for locations within the United States.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.4
12/03/2020

Changes:

• New tinyurl for icons. https://tinyurl.com/icnqz/ points to the same location as the previous tinyurl, but is three characters shorter. With nine icons in the myTile, that frees up 27 characters for other data/formatting. If you are updating you may want to copy the new tinyurl for the alternative icon location into your preferences as it will not automatically replace what you have now.
  • Added tinyurl for weather.gov alert hyperlink to save characters in the tiles. No acton required to get this one.
  • Bug fixes.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.5
12/08/2020

Changes:

• Bug fix for 'forecast_text1' and 'forecast_text2' optional attributes.

These two optional attributes were not updating/showing unless the 'Forecast High/Low Temperatures' was selected. This has been corrected to update/show when then 'Forecast Text' option is selected.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.6
12/12/2020

Changes:

• Changes to dahboard tiles logo/hyperlinks when using weather.gov for alerts and there is an alert.

In order to save characters (and reduce the likelihood of needed to remove icons because of exceeding the 1,024 tile character limitation), I have removed the hyperlink on the alert message on myTile. The hyperlink on the weather source on the bottom line will remain.

Also, if you have selected weather.gov as your weather alert source, AND there is a current weather alert, the logo and hyperlink on the myTile and threedayfcstTile dashboard tiles will be for weather.gov's site. Otherwise, including if you have selected weather.gov for your weather alert source and there are no current alerts, they will have the logo and hyperlink for OWM's site.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.7
01/26/2021

Changes:

• Corrected an issue with Alerts where it would initially display " +null" after the alert immediately upon a new weather alert. That should have clear upon the next update.

Thanks.

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but what is the difference between this and the OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver Here

Matt,

Missing some icons.

condition icon_only & condition_icon_WithText are referencing my hub IP. I think the other two are also trying reference my hub IP.

Read the first post: REQUIREMENTS: You MUST have a Personal Weather Station (PWS) and use Weather-Display software to capture that weather data from your network or a web server. If you do not meet this requirement then this driver will not work for you. This uses the Weather-Display data files from a webserver you specify in the driver preferences. I used waynedgrant's work to make those data files available in JSON format (GitHub - waynedgrant/json-webservice-wdlive: JSON formatted Web Service API to expose Weather Display Live data. Written in PHP. ).

If you are pulling from the default location is it most likely a GitHub availability issue. That happens occasionally and should correct itself when GitHub availability corrects. If you changed the icon storage location to a local source, either the hub or another local network location, I have found that accessing a dashboard through the cloud does not pick up the locally stored icons. It works fine when accessing the dashboard locally, but not remotely.

[UPDATED]
v0.4.8
08/11/2021

Changes:

• added Pull request from @mbishop to expose cloud coverage forecasts. (same change to both this driver and the stand-alone OWM driver to keep them in sync)

Not sure, but this one is working for me, the other isn't???

Seeing an error this morning. OWM issue?

dev:152022-04-17 07:56:42.065 am errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty. on line 1825 (method pollOWMHandler)

Sunrise-sunset.org issue. All polls facing due to thier certificate expiring. Hopefully they will correct soon, or a significant re-write will be required.

Thanks Matt.

UPDATED V0.5.4

V0.4.9 04/17/2022 Fallback for Sunrise-Sunset.org failure.

Thanks @nh.schottfam !

UPDATE Looks like Sunrise-Sunset.org has a valid certificate again now, so the previous version should work again. I do recommend updating in case they have another certificate issue in the future.

Hello, is this driver still being maintained. I am seeing that I am not getting precip forcast for tomorrow.

?? What do you mean by 'not getting'? Is there an error?

3 day forcast shows 99% rain for tomorrow but rain tomorrow shows zero. I need a percent of rain for tomorrow for my project.

Do you have that optional attribute selected?