[RELEASE] Weather-Display With External Forecast Driver

[UPDATED] to version 2.0.8

• Declared some attributes that were not previously declared (alert, twilight_begin, twilight_end, weatherSummary)
  • This cleanup also eliminated some attributes that were typos (twilight_Begin, twilight_End, twilightBegin,twilightEnd)
  • Cleaned up the 'alert' attributes to eliminate the space prefix and remove square brackets ([]) from the alert message.

Trying to get this working, seeing this in my logs:

Any ideas? I am using APIUX, entered my API key into the virtual device and all minimum settings.

To be clear, this driver requires a personal weather station (PWS) running Weather-Display software that creates the data files needed. The error indicates it is not finding the 'everything.php'. Did you install waynedgrant's json-webservice-wdlive work as discussed here: Weather-Display Driver?

Thanks, that explains it. I do not have a PWS, was hoping to use this to obtain local weather.

Try @bangali's excellent driver Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup. It does not require a PWS and will pull in local weather based on what you select in the settings.

1 Like

Updated to V2.0.9

Added a variation of @arnb's myTile attribute for use in dashboards.

1 Like

Matt, I get this error after the data is polled. I do have Weather-Display software and an Apixu key. Please assist..Thank you.

Line 408 is pulling in the station city name. It is looking for a format like this:
station:[name:Superior CO USA, latitude:39.05000, longitude:103.16111, wd_version:10.37S81]

where the City ST Country are separated by spaces. It looks like in your truncated screen shot your's may be comma separated and I do not see a Country? Make sure your Weather-Display is set up with City State and Country so the JSON file is formatted as expected.
In Weather-Display you set this: Control Panel --> WebFile/Web Page/Real Time FTP/WDL --> Realtime Client FTP/AJAX/WeatherDisplay Live Setup

Use CITY_ST_COUNTRY with underscores in place of spaces here and then your JSON file should be correct.

Working. Thank you.

1 Like

I liked Weather Display a lot and used it for years but I switched to weeWX because it can run on a RPi which Weather Display can't.

WD had great on screen graphics though something that weeWX doesn't have.

But in any case thanks for your code !!!

1 Like

You can skin Weewx however you want. Check out this if you really want to go to town.

2 Likes

Already done and installed the weeWX android app on my phone

If you install the phone app you will need to follow this first.....

1 Like

See my weeWX in action Nettleton District Weather Station, Spokane, Washington

It's served via reverse proxy to the outside world.

1 Like

Very nice. Will turn to you for help when I’m ready to go full Weewx setup

I'm tweaking it as we chat... It's got lots of settings that can be used. I just read that 1 install of weeWX can handle more then 1 device for data. I'll have to figure out to work that out for web data.

It also supports MQTT for instant updates without having to reload pages. I am going to work on that in the next few days.

1 Like

Have you seen the download link for Linux? WD doesn't work on a Rpi 3B+ for now. I've asked Brian to see if he can get it to work. The main page has Ubuntu download. 2nd Link below has other.

Main download page: Weather Display - Downloads

Other Linux: Weather Display - Downloads

This is the latest supported Rpi:

Pi3 Revb vers 1.2

using: cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/model

All I have are RPi 3B+ here but I never saw the linux downloads before either. Guess I simply overlooked it.