[Release] vThermostat 0.5 - Intelligent virtual thermostat device / app

@josh208 Any chance of making this work in Celsius ?

Thanks

I'm using 2 iris v2 button for temp sensor but they seem to only update my thermostat temp about once and hour or more or when I hit refresh on the button device page wondering if my buttons are the problem or if I gotta create a rule to make it update more often gets way to hot before the eater shuts down

The “Set for specific mode(s)” does not work for me. I have to manually turn on and off. ?

@josh208 I just noticed a possible typo in the code

vThermostat Device
line 156: setCoolingSetpoint(defreesF.toDouble())

I'm guessing that defreesF should be degreesF.

Another request for Celsius, please!

I don´t think this is still active. If you look at @josh208, it seems he has not been active on the forum since January 2020.

I am interested in this and have been lurkin

I just went through and modified the code to use Celsius. I have no idea if this is going to work and I don't have enough knowledge of groovy, smart apps, and drivers to fix it if it doesn't.

https://github.com/Derakkon/vThermostat-Celsius-

Please let me know if this works for you. Cheers!

So I decided to take on the project to make this app what it should have been, I will be releasing in a week or two a new take on this app.

Looking for a few testers.

It will have these major changes as asked in this thread:

• Log level preferences (TRACE / DEBUG / INFO / WARN / ERROR / NONE)
  • Use hub units to determine C° or F°
  • Simplify the settings in the device driver by hiding less common settings
  • Auto-learning for rooms that heat or cool faster to limit overshoot and undershoot

As soon as the Logs have been modified I will give a link to those that want to try it out, next on the list will be the Temp Units based on Hub Settings. After these changes, I will officially release it in it's own thread.

Any more ideas on how to make this app better are welcome. Should the name change or do I keep the original name?

3 Likes

If you put this up in GitHub, I will happily test and update this app. I was on the point of making a fork of it myself to do the same thing.

Should have the first "less chatty" version up in a day or two (don't have that much time to work on it these days). Then have the Celcius /Fahrenheit based on the hub settings ready a few days later.

I'll PM you when I have something to test.

1 Like

I played with his version, and decided it was easier for me to go use the built in vThermostat that has a lot of these things done. I am willing to share if someone wants to make it usable by the masses, but right now I am swamped.

Thanks for the offer, could take a look at what you got, but I'm well into having a workable version in a few days. This thing was a nightmare how chatty it was, I get it when you are debugging or tracing what it's doing, but not for use from general public. Almost done with the logs and then I'll attack the fact that it's degrees F only and make it universal like it should have been in the first place.

1 Like

I am interested in this. I have a holiday home that is heated with electric heaters, driven by temp sensors via vthermostat, Before I was on HE is was on Vera and used this app as well as later this one.

My current HE setup works, but I think it could be simplified with something like this app. I currently have an app that reads the temps, averages them and then posts them to the vTherm and then when the vTherm status changes, I have RM rules turning on and off my heaters.

A lot of parts I could get rid of. I would also welcome an auto learning component like in my first link. My house is not well insulated and Temps can drop quickly, so heat is up and down.

1 Like

@Kulfsson, I added the auto learning to the wish list, as soon as other things on the list are working perfectly and the app becomes really usable, I will be adding this feature.

1 Like

I too would be interested in Beta testing, I tried some of the other virtual thermostats on HPM and could not get any of them to work how I wanted. I could always make something in RM, but if you need testing I want to help if I can.

Also in regards to feature requests, I would suggest leveraging HE modes so we can do multiple thermostat settings for a given day.

1 Like

Thermostat scheduler (built in app) can do this with no problem including using rules to pause and/or set in Eco mode.

1 Like

ok, I've got a "better working" version with log level settings, it's still only in degrees F for now. Next version will support degrees C via the hubs setting.

Anyone using degrees F that would like to have it a go, let me know via PM for the link.

New Beta version available, it now fully supports Celsius with a .5 degree resolution (still 1 degree resolution in Fahrenheit).

Anyone wanting to test it, send a PM

1 Like

Complete rewrite of this unsupported app is now released here...

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.