[Release] vThermostat 0.5 - Intelligent virtual thermostat device / app

I am interested in this. I have a holiday home that is heated with electric heaters, driven by temp sensors via vthermostat, Before I was on HE is was on Vera and used this app as well as later this one.

My current HE setup works, but I think it could be simplified with something like this app. I currently have an app that reads the temps, averages them and then posts them to the vTherm and then when the vTherm status changes, I have RM rules turning on and off my heaters.

A lot of parts I could get rid of. I would also welcome an auto learning component like in my first link. My house is not well insulated and Temps can drop quickly, so heat is up and down.

1 Like

@Kulfsson, I added the auto learning to the wish list, as soon as other things on the list are working perfectly and the app becomes really usable, I will be adding this feature.

1 Like

I too would be interested in Beta testing, I tried some of the other virtual thermostats on HPM and could not get any of them to work how I wanted. I could always make something in RM, but if you need testing I want to help if I can.

Also in regards to feature requests, I would suggest leveraging HE modes so we can do multiple thermostat settings for a given day.

1 Like

Thermostat scheduler (built in app) can do this with no problem including using rules to pause and/or set in Eco mode.

1 Like

ok, I've got a "better working" version with log level settings, it's still only in degrees F for now. Next version will support degrees C via the hubs setting.

Anyone using degrees F that would like to have it a go, let me know via PM for the link.

New Beta version available, it now fully supports Celsius with a .5 degree resolution (still 1 degree resolution in Fahrenheit).

Anyone wanting to test it, send a PM

1 Like

Complete rewrite of this unsupported app is now released here...

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.