[RELEASE] Vivint CT200 Thermostat Driver

• Version 1.5.3 - 07/28/2020 Fixed temperature reading rounding

No problem at all... You are doing all the real work testing this and providing feedback, I'm just tweaking 1 or 2 things each time. No big deal.

Wow that was quick! Thank you very much I appreciate this, everything looks good to me! :+1:

1 Like

I would not be able to do what you are doing, most all of my programming experience is in assembler lol been a long time since i have done much programming haha.

1 Like

Well, it took an embarrassing number of attempts to get it (hopefully) fixed.

You can tell I'm not a professional coder. Ha ha

1 Like

Well, I think you are doing great work here filling a want/need. i am happy and great-full that I was able to help out with this! I most certainly will not fault anyone for missing something in code it can be such a pain to get every little detail right some people have no idea how involved coding can be especially drivers!

If you ever want someone to help test I am happy to help out!

1 Like

Version 1.6 - 07/28/2020 Added Energy Saving mode command

1 Like

I'm excited to give this a try when I get back home. Thanks for all your work with it!

No problem, let me know if you find any issues. I'm using it w/3 of the thermostats right now... So far, so good.

2 Likes

Just installed and setup my thermostat, and am utilizing this driver. So far, so good. Thanks @JasonJoel

1 Like

Great. Let me know if you find any issues!

1 Like

V1.7 - 08/01/2020 - Added support for Hail (happens when thermostat is reboot/1st powered up) and AssociationReport

I will say that I've seen a number of times that either the fan status or the operating status doesn't get updated. Either the reports are getting lost (a mesh issue) or the thermostat doesn't always send it.

I'm going to think through a check/refresh for this in a future version. I have a thought on how to do it without making an infinite loop of updating.

1 Like

Has this happened after you removed the flaky GE switch?

Yeah. No obvious issues on the mesh, repair completes cleanly now.

But I've noticed multiple times this morning where operating state would be running, and fan idle. Or fan running, and operating state idle (when it wasn't - it wasn't just post run fan purge).

It USUALLY updates, but not always.

2 Likes

V1.8 - 08/02/2020 - Added logic to refresh fan / operating states when they get out of sync or an update report was missed/didn't happen

Info - Whenever there is a fan or operating state update report, 5 seconds later the driver checks to see if the fan and operating states make sense with each other.

If both = idle, or both != idle, then it does nothing. If one idle, and the other not, then it forces an update of both values from the thermostat.

Seems to work pretty well in keeping things synchronized. In my testing the operating state would not update sometimes, this works around that.

2 Likes

Sorry for the stupid question - when I load in the new driver, do I need to refresh/configure the device again?

Thanks.

Not a stupid question at all. Usually, no you do not. If the author doesn't specifically say they changed something in configure, or indicates you need to hit it, then you shouldn't have to after the 1st time you use the driver

None of the changes I've made in this driver should require a refresh/configure.

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate you creating this driver and even helping me troubleshoot my thermostat lol.

2 Likes

I'm happy to say that the change I made to keep the running states updated looks to be working nicely. I've been monitoring my 3 thermostats all day, and they are all staying correct now.

The good part, too, is that if your thermostat / mesh is behaving and all of the status updates are making it to the hub, the logic I put in does nothing and doesn't add any loading to the hub or mesh.

In sync :+1: :+1:
(one of my thermostat dashboard tiles)

2 Likes