[RELEASE] Virtual Device Sync

I'm not sure, I haven't used the built in drivers for it. I'm just saying if the drivers aren't built into the Hubitat firmware then you can use my driver. Either way you won't have to use Virtual Device Sync since my driver uses child devices.

Your driver for the STT, it is cross compatible?
If not where can I get it from eric?

I have added a few of my 223 today. Included them and changed them to be Fibaro FGS-222 type.
THen I used the Parent/Child Dual Relay to get it all working.

If anyone knows a better way shout up please?

All of my Hubitat drivers are here:

1 Like

@ericm

Many thanks for this link.
I am currently using the Dual Relay Driver to utilise the 2 child switches.
Can anyone outline the process of changing the device type away from Dual Relay Driver/Dual Relay Driver(Child) to utilise @ericm 's excellent drivers?
I have tried changing the Parent Device to the FGS-223 but the children dont work and I cant seem to change the type of the children...
I would appreciate some guidance here

Thanks in advance

Sure, if you change over to my Fibaro driver you need to delete the previous child devices and then hit "Save Preferences" for them to be recreated with my driver. I'm not familiar with the Dual Relay Driver (I don't see it in my list) so I'm not sure the specifics regarding it.

thanks @ericm

I will have to create a couple of temp virtual switches to swap over the related SImple Lighting and RM rules then :wink:

Okies Eric

I removed the old child devices, changed the Switch driver to yours and did the Save Preferences. The Metered Child devices were created but the associated lights dont work...any ideas?

@ericm

Okies I have a spare FGS-223 so wired up and connected to HE.
Changed Device TYpe to your device handler ty and Save Preeference to generate the 2x Child endpoints.
Nothing happens when I turn the Children On/OFF and I get an error when I physically switch one of the endpoints?

Any suggestions?

I'll PM you about this as it isn't related to Virtual Device Sync.

First post here . . . I'm in the process of switching from Smartthings to Hubitat. It's a journey with slow progress. One of the devices I have is the Aeotec Smartstrip 6 with four individual Z-Wave outlets. I have tried both the Hubitat and @ericm drivers. Both work but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to create individual switches for each outlet.

Perhaps I do not understand virtual switches well enough. Perhaps I do not understand how Virtual Device Sync works in Hubitat since that is what I recall working in Smartthings. Any help is appreciated. It seems like there should be a child switch option like there is for the Enerwave Dual Relay which I did get working successfully with @ericm drivers.

@ericm does great work! Thank you! I'm not afraid of light coding but unfortunately find it hard to make sense of Groovy.

I think I managed to figure it out. I reviewed my Smartthings setup as I was in the process of moving various items to Hubitat and realized that Virtual Device Sync was an app; not a driver. Once I installed the app, I was able to create the virtual devices for each of the switches.

Thanks again @ericm for your drivers and apps. It's still not a simple journey but the Hubitat journey has seriously begun.

1 Like

You can expose each Aeotec strip outlet in HE using Custom Command in RM.
On1,2,3,4 and Off1,2,3,4

1 Like

I am so glad I found this! Just wanted to share, I used it on my Pool Controller, an Intermatic PR653, which has 5 endpoints. It has a tons of other attributes it exposes via ZWave as well, multiple temps, thermostats, variable speeds, valves, etc...but it all just makes one composite controller.

With this app, I selected it, it saw the endpoints, created the 5 switches, and they follow perfectly, allowing me to make dashboards that follow the status of my 2 pumps and lights.

Here's the thread where I found this app useful for the pool.

In the case of the pool controller, there is a safety feature where it will not let the pool cleaner booster pump run without the main circulation pump running. That means, if you turn on the pool cleaner, the pool controller internally runs the circulator pump for 30 seconds first, and then turns on the booster pump. Likewise, if you turn OFF the circulator while they are both running, it will instantly kill the booster pump. With this app, the relationship between those 2 switches is followed and represented in perfect sync across all my dashboards, rules, etc.

Thank you!

1 Like

Followup question:

What if you remove any of the virtual switches it creates?

Using my example above: On my pool controller, it has 5 endpoints, but I only use 3 of them. So switches 2 and 5 are just sitting there clutter up the place. Is it possible to just delete these out of the device list, or I imagine that will mess things up in the app?

Is there any chance I can get and un-compiled version of your Sonoff.ino.generic.bin software? I am wanting to make minor changes for my needs and I would like to learn what you did to make it work. I am new, a high school teacher and I am struggling to understand the Tasmota. I am hoping by seeing your work and the differences it will make sense to me. I can use Arduino to up load the code to my devices. Thank you for your help and understanding.

PS: You can email it to me if you don't want to post it... bradleymartin2003@yahoo.com

The firmware I created is in here (the .ino file):

The Tasmota I modified for Hubitat is here:

Thank you... Now, do you have a solution for this issue when compiling?

cannot convert 'HTTPMethod' to 'const char* for argument '1' to 'void WSContentSend_P(const char*

Hmm, not sure. Does it say what line number it is on?

Also, can you move this over to the appropriate thread?

There may be some that can answer there.

Is this app still a reasonable choice for making virtual device mirrors of existing devices?

When I use the z-wave firmware updater, my Zen27 (z-wave dimmer), loses the network, then comes back as a new device.

I'm thinking that switching all my automations and app usages (google home, etc), to use a virtual device that syncs with a real device might be the solution.

Can the virtual to real map be easily changed to a new 'real' switch?
Does my usage seem reasonable?
With the advent of the package manager app, any chance this app could be made compatible? to ease installations and updating