[RELEASE] VELUX ACTIVE with NETATMO

Features:

• Full device discovery and pre-selection
  • Hierarchical device import and actions (Home -> Room -> Device)
  • Multi-Home Support
  • All Homes, Rooms and Devices attributes are collected
  • Support Scenarios (wake_up, bedtime, home, away)
  • Support unlocking and Opening windows (Only with if you have encryption keys)
  • Configurable logging levels
  • Scheduled State Check
  • Automated installation with HPM

Todo: Nothing for the moment

Note: To be able to open devices of type Window, you will need to extract your PinCode (Encryption signing Key and ID) from your phone app, all other actions and devices work without this PinCode. Check this post

Download: GitHub

5 Likes

THANK YOU so much for this!

I have it connected to my skylights and sensors, however I can't figure out how to connect the drivers. I do not own a Kix 300 just for the record.

For example, I want to connect My Velux Hall Sensor to Hubitat.

1. Do not see anything under devices by default.
  2. I assume I would need to install Virtual Device\ Netatmo - Sensor.
  3. Of course, I can't find any way to make any connection to this physical device.

So, I have every driver and the app installed. App connects to my account and I see everything, however none of my devices is appearing in devices.

If you don't own a 300 how is you Hall Sensor connected to the Netatmo cloud?

The only way I can fix the issue is if you share with me (Private Message) the Application State (homeDetail, moduleDetail, moduleState, roomDetail, roomState) in text, so I can figure out what types devices and whats missing.

I have two skylights with a Gateway, Departure switch (KLN 300), and two Climate Sensors (KLA 300.) I suppose the KLAs are part or a the larger Kit (KIX 300.) I don't recall it being called a KIX300 when I bought the system.

Where could I pull that information from? Thanks.

Ok so it should work, you can get the details in the below icon, if possible just email them to me it will be simple to see the full json text.

Thanks again for all of your help and generous offer. For general reference, I can at least pull readings from the Velux Sensors but it’s not controlling the Velux skylights with Netatmo yet. It’s great to at least finally obtain readings from these sensors.

I have one question: my skylight blinds will automatically close/shade depending on the weather/heat. I’m not sure if this is based off of Lux/Illumination patterns or if it communicates with local weather data in order to determine when it should close. I noticed you have Lux/Illumination listed, but mine only show up as binary (0 or 1) values.

Is there any way to pull actual Lux values from these sensors?

Thanks!

As a side note, the house we moved into had to have a new roof (insurance covered it) and in the process we managed to get a huge discount on solar (practically free) as well as these skylights as replacements (also heavily discounted under federal tax incentives due to their solar components. We could’nt have afforded this otherwise.)

Hey guys,
I'm also trying to integrate my 6 x Velux Skylights into my Hubitat. I did install the hub
app. and drivers, completed and connected successfully to the gateway and can see in the app screen all my devices but none of them is showing in the hub device list.
Am I missing something?
I do see in the hub logs the following error multiple times:
[error] Netatmo - Velux createHome() - Home creation Exception: com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Netatmo - Velux - Home' in namespace 'syepes' not found

I'll have a look later at the HPM, try installing all the drives manually and repeat the process from rhe begin

thank you for the quick reply!
I removed everything and re-install and now I can see in the devices list the rooms only but not the actual devices in each room - for instance - I can see only the living room but not the actual 3 skylights. also not possible to control any device.

1 Like

The devices are child's you want see them directly on the devices list, it only supports 2 levels of nested children.

Click on any Room and at the bottom you should see the devices assigned to this Room.

Got it, thanks, I do see all devices there now!
but I'm unable to control any of them - is control should work or only status reporting of the devices?
I see this error in the logs:
[error] Near Skylight (Blind) stop() - Request Exception: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden

Out of the box you can control all devices at exception of the type = Window, for these devices you need the the encryption keys to be set in the Gateway device, that's why you are receiving the Forbidden messages.

The pairing keys can only be extracted using a patched application APK, please look at the Note section of the main post.
I wont be able to guide or support this process as its pretty technical and required some unauthorized stuff :slight_smile: , but its relatively easy if you have an IT background.

In anyways, all other device types work OOTB.

1 Like

Thank you.
not sure if the skylights solar blinds considered as "window" devices but I do see the need for the ID & has keys in the device screen.

1 Like

Thanks @syepes for all your amazing work again. Do you think this is the same exact issue I ran into with my skylights as well?

Also, were you able to retrieve illuminance/lux values aside from values of 0 and 1? I didn't know if this was at all possible or even if the solar skylights had an illuminance sensor built into them. I know that they do shading based on temperatures but I wasn't sure if that was local or polled from a separate weather resource.

Just a heads up for others out there that while I don’t have a complete solution (ie. Only open and close), I managed to get controls KIX300 Solar Skylights working with Hubitat via a complete workaround. So I can now finally have voice control (via Alexa or Google Home) for opening the skylight blinds and windows.

I’ll do a more detailed writeup/how-to for others but it involves:
Setting up Homeassistant on my QNAP NAS with HomeKit Controller, my iPad as a HomeKit Hub, Maker API app on Hubitat, virtual switches (created in Hubitat) being sent via Maker API back to HA (using HACS integration for Hubitat) , then loading them into a HA automation where the virtual switches trigger the HA to operate HomeKit (and hence the blinds.)

Here’s a writeup of my KIX300 (VELUX with NETATMO Skylights) complete workaround for HE control via Homeassistant (finally got Alexa to voice control them) in case anyone is interested. I wanted to avoid having to decompile APKs, intercept commands, etc.:

On my side this works, but the values are coming from Sensor switch on the bellow sensor:

CleanShot 2022-11-25 at 4.22.53

I am not aware that skylights have a Lux sensor or expose its values on the API, what models do you have?

1 Like

It's the Velux kix 300 kit. It includes a sensor which looks identical to yours.

I installed Netatmo - Velux using the Hubitat Package Manager but it is always showing that there is an update even though none of the versions have changed. Is there any way to fix that?

1 Like

Hi, I am new to Hubitat having been a Vera user for 10+ years. I have the Netatmo Velux setup with he sensor and hub, but when I install the Netatmo - Velux app and enter my credentials I get the error message " Unable to connect to Netatmo Velux, double check your credentials. Click Next". I know my username and password are correct as I can access my devices via the Velux Active app, and I used the same credentials to generate the API keys/secrets etc. I can also access my Netatmo Weather station using Netatmo Connect.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.