[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Valve driver (w/ healthStatus)

Mine did not seem to respond appropriately to the irritation timer with water flowing. It did close, but not after 10 seconds. I’ll have to play around with it more.

Did it automatically open when you set a timer or did you have to manually open?

This

Thank you @JmikeyB and @Ken_Fraleigh for the logs!
Obviously, the irrigation timer timeout command does not work for your device, as it is now. We may need to experiment with different commands, hopefully, I can do this during the weekend.

Have you searched the net for a PDF version of the leaflet?
This is a complex device, seems it has two different operational modes - 'capacity' or 'duration'
So depending on the mode set, the valve will close automatically after some time or after a set amount of water was dispensed?

I think that the setup of this operational mode ('capacity' or 'duration') is the key. Configuring the mode should be documented somewhere.

2 Likes

So my best guess is that mine is stuck in metering mode. I'll see if I can find any more info or pamphlet that came with the device.

I have several of them, as well as a Tuya hub. If they don’t have anything helpful in the box, I will connect on to the Tuya hub and see what it says.

1 Like

Yes, pair it to Tuya hub and share what commands are available there and how it works.

The final goal is to make it work the same way when paired directly to HE.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this exact same 60s auto shutoff behavior.

I should be able to do this today

2 Likes

An important question is whether SmartLife app allows the irrigation timer to be changed after the valve was opened.

1 Like

@kkossev @Ken_Fraleigh @JmikeyB

Support for this TuYa valve was added within the last year to zigbee2mqtt. When a suitable converter was in development, this same issue was observed (valve turns off after 1 minute).

If it helps you any, this is the final version of the converter used (which works). An earlier version from the same developer had the same 1 minute issue.

I don't know if any of this is helpful, but I'm posting it here as an indication that the issue is resolvable.

2 Likes

That is a definite no. It has a couple different ways to irrigate. Here are my screenshots:

2 Likes

@kkossev , let me know if you have any changes that you want me to try. I have several of these; one on HE, one on Tuya, and one still in the box.

1 Like

Hi @Ken_Fraleigh ,
I think I have enough information now. I can continue the work after I finish the active developments and documentation for the new "Tuya Zigbee Contact Sensor++ w/ healthStatus", hopefully in a week or so.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

The driver has been working well in my testing. My device data reads as:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_sh1btabb
  • model: TS0601

I do have one issue though. It seems that my device has an irrigation timer that is set to 60seconds. Everytime I open the valve, it closes after 60 seconds. I have tried using the “set irrigation timer’ but it does not seem to do anything. Any advice on how to fix this?

1 Like

I have the same issue which I outlined above.

I believe @kkossev is/will be, working on a solution

2 Likes

I have resumed the work on this driver. Nothing related to the irrigation timer is added yet, but there are a lot of other changes in the code that are needed as a first step to support multiple and different valves types and models.

The dev. branch version is 1.2.0, the link is in the second post, Can be updated quicker by clicking on the 'Import' button within the HE driver editor.
If anything is broken, please let me know.

2 Likes

I have updated the driver with a new preference "Auto off timer"

This is the time in seconds after which the irrigation valve will be closed automatically.
In the sample above the automatic shut-off should happen after 1 hour.

This should work for SASWELL irrigation valves but could work for the Tuya _TZE200_sh1btabb as well. You can test it with timeouts> 5 seconds. Please let me know if it works.

Update 1: added irrigationStartTime, irrigationEndTime, lastIrrigationDuration, waterConsumed attributes.
Update 2 : removed the doubled open/close commands for _TZE200_sh1btabb; renamed timer_time_left to timerTimeLeft, renamed last_valve_open_duration to lastValveOpenDuration; autoOffTimer value is sent as an attribute;
Update 3 : added new _TZE200_a7sghmms GiEX manufacturer; sending the timeout 5 seconds both after the start and after the stop commands are received (both SASWELL and GiEX)

1 Like