[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Valve driver (w/ healthStatus)

I think receiving a defective unit is theoretically possible, although highly unlikely...
This device constantly leaves and rejoins your C-7 Zigbee network for unknown reasons.

The same device is supported in HomeAssistant (ZHA) and in SmartThings.

Can you enable the Debug logs and post some screens of logs?

Here you go....

This is the first time I have seen similar weird behavior - it looks like the device is self-resetting periodically....

It could be a defective device. We will know for sure if you can pair it to another hub, and the behavior is the same.

BTW, Sonoff is coming with a new Zigbee Smart Water Valve :

I have ordered one and will be fully supported in this driver when I have my hands on it.

2 Likes

ok, I moved it to my C8Pro and I get the following:

1 Like

Hi - I did try connecting it to the C8 Pro and posted the debug log. I don't know if this enough to go on. Unfortunately my return window is closed on this device so it goes in the trash if I can't figure it out.

Try using the Zigbee Map app to pair it with a good repeater. I had to do that with one of mine that I moved to a new location. It got a hold of a repeater that it kept disconnecting from, so I used the app to pair it to a Sonoff dongle that was close to it.

Hi @simon4 ,

The latest logs (when the device is paired to the C-8 hub) seem better. The valve is sending a keep-alive message every 200 seconds, i.e. it stays connected to your hub!

However, for some reason your irrigation timer model was not recognized automatically in the driver.
Please do the following :

1. Enable the 'Advanced Options' and then click on the Save Preferences button.

2. Select "TS0049_IRRIGATION_VALVE" from the 'Device Profile' drop-down menu and then click on the Save Preferences button again.

In the State Variables section, you should now have TS0049 device profile :

Let me know if the irrigation timer works now,

Thanks. Working. Now I am going to try the suggestion from @Ken_Fraleigh to see if I can get it to connect to a repeater on the C7 reliably.

2 Likes

Just installed a GiEX. Finally got it connected and accepting commands, but the valve only stays open for 60 seconds. I have tried all the settings to keep it open longer. Any advice? Thanks

There are several different irrigation timers sold with ‘GiEX’ white label…. What is your device Zigbee model/manufacturer (the Device Details section at the bottom of the web page)?

Here are the details.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 48
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_a7sghmms
  • model: TS0601
  • tuyaVersion: 1.0.8

WHat happens if you set the Irrigation Timer to 30 and then click on the button?

Will the valve close automatically after 30 seconds, or will it stay open for 30 minutes (or until you manually send a close() command)?

Try two scenarios:

1. First set the Irrigation Timer value to 30, then click the Open button.
  2. First click the Open button, and after the vale opens then quickly send 30 (seconds or minutes) timer.

Will any of the scenarios prevent the valve from closing automatically after 60 seconds?

1 Like

In playing around with your scenarios, it kicked into life. It seems to want the time in seconds.

Thanks for the support.

I have the same device. Is it Frankever? These drivers seem to be communicatiing with the device and I can get open close status. But it won't open or close the device. KKossev says in a response about it opening the valve in percetages, and I can confirm that because I literally just had the wifi version of this switch installed and couldn't stand using Chinese "smart life" servers to communicate with my own switch, so I boxed it up and got the zigbee version, but it looks like we are screwed until someone makes a driver that works with this for HE. But I can confirm it lets you select what percentage you want the valve opened to and for how long ...

Which of the two models is this device?

FK-v02

You got it to work? What "scenario" worked? I've tried TS0049_irrigation and just one of the on/off profiles but I still cant get it to open or close. What scenario worked for you?

FK-V02 is a rather different device than all the other valves that are currently supported in this driver...

Please wait for a couple of days.

@kkossev Thanks!! I got it to work by doing advanced and then selecting the "TS0601". But it is just ON/OFF functions. NO % on/off or anything, but thats not a huge deal. For some reason echo won't recognize it as a new device? went into the alexa skill and it shows up, and selected it but alexa will not find it as a new device. weird, I'll mess around with it more tomorrow. I'll keep and eye on this thread if you are able to create an update to this driver to work a little better with this Frankever device. Thanks for any help....I'll keep checking back.

1 Like