[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Valve driver (w/ healthStatus)

Seems like the same problem with some other Zigbee 3.0 devices, that will not keep connected to Hubitat. The debug logs don't show anything to be received back from the device... If it stays paired to HE, the hub should receive a message when the valve is manually switched on/off even when using the HE inbuilt 'Device' driver ...

Did you purchase it from some of the links shown in the first post?
All I can do at this time is to put a warning "Do not buy"...

I bought it from a similar AliExpress store.

Will hope the Zigbee 3.0 issue gets solved at some time.

Since .129 a strange thing has happened. All 3 Tuya (Geix) valves have been listed as child devices of my C-8. I am not having any trouble with them. Just an observation. They had previously all been listed as routing through a GE outlet. They are stored behind the cabinet the C-8 sits on top of. I haven’t been using them due to plenty of rain, but have been checking them daily by sending on/off commands and they have been connected for many weeks now.

1 Like

This can be expected, as the C-8 has a much more effective antenna compared to the older generations hubs.

You can try sending Ping command instead, every 12 hours. This should keep the device healthCheck status online until I implement an automatic pinging function in a future driver version.

Any idea why my device isn't being recognized during Zigbee pairing? I can tell in the code you added the fingerprint but something isn't right..

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.270 AMtrace destinationEP = 01

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.268 AMtrace model = TS0001

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.265 AMinfoTuya Zigbee Valve tuyaVersion set to 1.2.4

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.187 AMinfoTuya Zigbee Valve all states and scheduled jobs cleared!

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.181 AMwarnTuya Zigbee Valve device model TS0001 manufacturer _TZ3000_5ucujjts was not found!

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.178 AMwarnTuya Zigbee Valve unknown model TS0001 manufacturer _TZ3000_5ucujjts

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.156 AMinfoTuya Zigbee Valve InitializeVars()... fullInit = true

dev:8202023-04-26 09:41:14.144 AMinfoTuya Zigbee Valve installed() model TS0001 manufacturer _TZ3000_5ucujjts driver version 1.2.4 2023/04/09 10:55 PM

sys:12023-04-26 09:41:12.979 AMinfoInitializing Zigbee Device 70B3D52B600136D7, 4644

sys:12023-04-26 09:40:59.617 AMinfoZigbee Discovery Running

Same as the case above ... Hubitat latest platform updates incompatibility issues with some Zigbee 3.0 devices. The device will send a Zigbee ''leave' command, change it's NWK address and will not be reachable by HE hub anymore.

1 Like

The hub must be doing this on its own since .129 implemented pinging devices that haven’t checked in. I haven’t seen anymore offline events since .129.

1 Like

C8 only - added logic to proactively ping devices that had no messages in 3 hours or more. This should stop devices from dropping off the network

I owe @gopher.ny a :beer: for saving me some extra work on this custom driver then! : )

1 Like

@kkossev This isn't insanely important, but I wanted to at least report it. No matter what I can't get mine to use duration. It is always capacity. Tried changing the "Set Irrigation Mode" numerous times but it never actually changes anything. Like I said not a massive deal as I can set the capacity to a crazy high number and it works fine.

To add to what I just posted. Entering a value in the Set irrigation Timer field, is what it bases its capacity run time to.

So if I enter in 10 seconds. It's runs until the capacity reaches 10. Hopefully that makes sense.

1 Like

Hi @JmikeyB , thank you for the feedback!
This may be a bug in this driver, or may be a 'feature' of the GiEX valve, I don't know.. The device uses one and the same 'Tuya Data Point' command to report both parameters - duration in minutes or capacity in Liters (depending on mode). Probably, a better approach would be to remove the separate setup of the duration and the separate setup of the capacity, as combine both in one single parameter? So depending on the device mode (duration or capacity), this parameter will be interpreted differently.. I don't know if this will be better or worse.

Can you confirm, that for the GiEX valve the duration is actually in minutes (not in seconds, as the driver shows it now)?

My Giex valve duration is in minutes. I have 3 identical valves, 2 follow the set duration perfectly, 1 will not follow the set duration no matter what. I have deleted it and rejoined several times and no change.

Does anyone know how to get the TS0601 valve controller into pairing mode? I've tried holding down the button but that doesn't seem to work.

You need to be in a dark area to see the red flashing led. After holding down the button for at least 6 seconds, after releasing the button, you should see the flashing led on the left side, close to the button.

I believe it is minuets not seconds. But I honestly can't tell for absolute certainty as I have never been able to change out of capacity mode.

@Ken_Fraleigh are we talking about the same valve controller? There is a LED right below the button (not to the left) but it doesn't flash no matter how long I hold down the button.

Sorry. Apparently not. Same model number, but mine is the irrigation valve.

Hi kkossev! I have the TS0601_GIEX_VALVE as well and behavior in mine seems identical to JmikeyB. Capacity doesn't seem to work and duration is actually in minutes - not seconds. I recall struggling with this with the Tuya App when I first configured the valve and it simply wouldn't accept capacity commands for anything that lasted less then one minute...
Let me how if I can provide information for troubleshooting - I'd be happy yo help! :slight_smile:

Also, I noticed the time on the valve is way off... the irrigationStartTime shows about 13hs behing the current time. Doesn't affect me as I'm using RM to trigger it, but wondering is there is a way to adjust this as it would be easier to check status. Thanks!

We discussed this somewhere in this thread. It seems that the valves are on Beijing time :joy:

1 Like