[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors and mmWave presence radars) w/ healthStatus

Also interested in this, @kkossev, appreciate your feedback. :slight_smile: I've assumed that when the driver checks for the device status at it's set healthCheck interval, it should immediately set the device as offline if it doesn't respond to the healthCheck. It's not any more complicated than that, is it?

It is more complicated .. :slight_smile:
Let me first finish the first alpha version of the new Aqara LED Strip T1 driver, which turned out to be non-matter-compatible-at-the-moment, and I will look at this possible issue.,

2 Likes

Thanks very much! :smiley:

New toys come first, always. :wink:

1 Like

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. That was the issue. It has enough range that it can penetrate floors and pick up above the garage. In this case, issue between keyboard and chair... :slight_smile:

@kkossev

Any idea how to turn off the indicator light on the Linptech/Moes 24ghz sensor?

Mechanically ... It is not possible to control or enable/disable the LED from the Zigbee interface.

Here is an example of a hardware (cutters) work, when there is no software solution:

That's what I thought - I think these are great sensors overall, but that indicator light means that its not for bedroom use, unless I get the cutters out....

Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

Maybe a little MacGyver'ish, but what about a small piece of electrical tape just over the diode? Should solve the problem unless it's a really strong one?

1 Like

@kkossev Hi. I see an option to do setpar in my device settings. How do I know which option does what and what are the valid values for each setting?

1 Like

Click on the SetPar button and then look at the live logs page for a list of the valid parameters for your device.

Alright Krassimir- I have a suggestion. You have done a TON of work on these Tuya devices, and I did send you a little donation, but what do you think about an affiliate link for "Krassimir approved" devices? Where you get a referral fee.
I think it's the least the community can do for a guy who has helped so many, so unselfishly :+1:

7 Likes

+1000

2 Likes

thanks! Another thing - I see that even after choose the motion sensitivity to Low (in the general settings, not in setPar), I still get false detections. Should I also set motionsentivity = 1 or 0 in the setpar? or maybe something to do with the motionFalsedetection setPar?

Nothing to worry about, these are one-time only debug messages, which were temporarily shown as warnings to attract my attention. This is the automatic correction of the preferences types when changed between the driver versions.

I have 'downgraded' all these to Debug messages in the latest dev. branch version.

There should be no difference whether you change the sensitivity manually from the Preference section or automatically (from RM5, webCoRE, etc..) using the setPar function. The effect should be one and the same.

Isn't the motionFalsedetection shown in the device web page Preferences?
Actually, I don't know what is the effect of this binary parameter...

Not sure if this is the place to ask. I have a TUYA(one of the models with the USB power) and for the life of me cannot get it to work correctly.
Use case: I placed it in the basement and linked it to the light switch. Detects movement/presence etc it turns the light on. I have experimented with various settings yet I am sitting at my desk and while typing or working on my computer the light turns off. I even put it on my desk just to make sure it detects the micro movements. Does anyone have some kind of template I can use ? I know it cannot be exactly what I need but some sort of starting point where I can start tweaking it to my specific use.At this point it is just a glorified movement detector. I can start a new thread if this is not the correct one. Thank you

Hey Adrian - I'm working through similar troubleshooting. In my use-case, I'm hoping to use the sensors in my kids' room to trigger a night-time and/or nap routine. I found some really good information in this thread posted by @kkossev. You'll find this chart referenced in the thread as well:

These are the presets from Tuya SmartLife app :

LivingRoom Bedroom Washroom Aisle Kitchen
Motion detection distance 800 500 300 900 1000
Motion detection sensitivity 6x 6x 5x 8x 6x
Small motion detection distance 600 400 400 400 600
Small motion detection sensitivity 9 6 8 5 8
Static detection distance 600 600 400 0 0
Static detection sensitivity 9x 9x 8x 8x 8x

Good luck to you!

1 Like

Thank you! I will give it a try

Hello, does anyone have a _TZ3040_bb6xaihh motion sensor and does it work with this driver? Mine can be paired without any problem, but then it is absolutely unresponsive (frozen).

@martin.machacek.cz try pairing it again, very close to the hub. Is it C-8 or C-7?