[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors) w/ healthStatus

Same thing happened to me. I updated to the latest driver(1.3.6) and paired device again, now it's working.

@kkossev is the man !! Thank you Krassimir

EDIT- spoke to soon. The ZY-M100 is connected(had to pair it twice) but seems to never go inactive. I'm going to put it in a cardboard box to see if it can even go inactive.

Okay- as Krassimir suggested above I had to manually set the profile to YXZBRB58 and even on the lowest setting this device can see through objects, like cardboard, cloth, paper. It's like a freaking X-Ray machine. I hope the radiation isn't going to shrink my gonads !!

So with this device I can see the crook when he is 2 houses away, so definitely not going to include in HSM, as it's way too sensitive.

Here's the link where I got mine. If you want one don't wait too long or they'll switch the firmware AGAIN !

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804900503176.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.23.21ef1802xb9VKZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

CAREFUL-I bought the wall mount Zigbee square one, but it's a multi listing , so not sure about the other device-if it works or not.

Here's my device join data from my 2nd pairing

2 Likes

Hi Rxich,

This sensor has different firmware than the 'classic' Tuya mmWave sensors and the YXZBRB58 model.

I will be able to make a new device profile hopefully in the next week.

As a temporary workaround, try to configure your radar to use the manually assigned "Tuya Human Presence mmWave Radar" profile :

1 Like

If you have a 3D printer, I've worked up a model of the back plate so that it can be replaced. I could definitely make a model for a corner bracket.

I asked a friend to make a corner one for me and it works really nice. Thank you anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@jbaruch could you attach the relevant thread to this please? Just so I can follow it as well in case someone ever manages to work out an HE integration for the FP2.

:man_facepalming:t2::rofl::+1:t2: I have no idea why I even asked. It’s the one I’m already following and even commented on before I asked that.

Feel like I’m having one of those days :rofl::joy:

Thanks for that though :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @kkossev
Please kindly assist.
I have this same sensor
Endpoint: 01
Application: 46
Manufacturer: _TZE204_ztc6ggyl
Model: TS0601
Tuya: 1.0.6
In the device package is ZY M100

I have 20 of this sensor in various rooms and spaces in my room paired to my HE hub C-8 ( I aslo own the HE C-5, as an old hub that I'm not using anymore)

I'm using the ceiling mount option thst is powered from the mains power. All the sensors are reporting instantly changes in lux, but none is reporting motion or presence activation. I have the latest driver from @kkossev for 4 in 1 sensor.. I have reset and re-paired the sensors but none. Please am I missing and how can I get the sensors to work. I already invested to buy 20 of these and they seem not to be working. Kind assistance will be much appreciated :pray:...

Nb: of there's already a solution in this thread, then I'm sorry for bringing it up again, please some can direct me to the solution for this specific model.

@kkossev :pray:

Hi @ing.isaackumi .

Try to manually change the device profile as shown in this post:

Besides the new model problem that does not have correct device profile in this driver (yet), 20 chatty devices may be too much … I can recommend to keep your old C-5 hub and to pair the radars to the old hub. Then use HE mesh to bring the sensors to your main hub where you will use them in the lighting automations.

Tuya mmWave radars are also Zigbee routers/repeaters, so they will build their own mesh, on a frequency different than the main C-8 hub .

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I will try your recommendations today and post results here. :pray:
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

2 Likes

I have a Tuya ZY-M100 (mmWave) mounted on a wall right behind my bed. It will pick up the presence of a person when they move into the room. When a person does not move for a specific amount of time, the sensor becomes inactive. I thought mmWave sensors would still pick up a warm body that is not in motion. Is this not true?

I'm finding it has a lot to do with the sensitivity settings and line of sight. This one is a little weird is that it does seem to lose "sight" if nothing is moving, but at the same time, these things should be able to "see" you breathing.

All that to say my, albeit ignorant, opinion is that they have these things set to detect like a highly sensitive PIR sensor vs an actual presence sensor.

2 Likes

I have done just this. No difference unfortunately.

Hi @kkossev
I have done just this, removed all sensors from HE C-8 and paired them to my old C-5. My c-5 has just 2 zwave switches paired to it prior to adding in the new Tuya presence sensors. The sensirsars not reporting motion detection or otherw, the states do not change. I'm still using your 4 in 1 drivers for tuya presence sensors. Unfortunately this isn't working.

But rather than spend all the time troubleshooting this with no apparent solution in sight, I want to order new presence sensors., but DEFINITELY NOT CHATTY TUYA AGAIN :joy:

@kkossev and all,
I want to order new set of presence sensors, I need up to 25 pieces to execute lighting automations and others based on presence / absence. As per my program, All 25 should be working perfectly and LOCALLY on hubitat.

1. Please is this possible, can my C-8 handle all these devices concurrently

2. please could you kindly recommend a superior brand and model, (if possible with link) taut can be purchased in the USA? A presence sensor taut is proven to be reliable and locally compatible with HEand known to be working with issues.

3. the Aqara FP2 is very interesting, can it work in my scenario described above?

Thanks tin advance for your response(s) :pray:

Thanks very much.

My advice will be to set up just one sensor, make it work as expected, and if satisfied, go with the rest of the 24 devices of the same type...

How many of these motion/presence sensors are expected to be activated at the same time? I mean that if there are no people in every room at one and the same time, the old C-5 may handle the traffic. Hubitat Mesh is a very good feature.

Don't give up on this one. Please post the device 'State Variables' and the Preferences - it should look like this :

Summary

I have probably the same device, and it is working just fine on a C-7 hub.

On the alternative solutions - Aqara FP1 (Zigbee) is much less chatty and it is working very well for me.
Aqara FP2 (WiFi) will require either HomeAssistant or an Apple device to be used as a bridge to Hubitat, it is not supported directly.

@kkossev
Thanks a lot for your advice , I almost gave up on these sensors to reinvest in new ones, it after reading your feedback, I decided to give it one more try. However, I decided to tweak your advice a Lil bit: instead of adding all 20x se sensors to one hub, I decided to share the load between the two hubs, 10x sensors installed to each hub (c-5 and c-8). Next, I raised the lux limit to 50, just to reduce the likelihood of the sensor reporting every single change in value of lux reading. After this, I observed that the live logs were showing much less data and updating much less frequently.

After testing, all 20 sensors are currently sending their states to the hubitat hub and I'm getting the updates, awesome. I've only tested it for just 2 days, so it's early days yet, but I remain optimistic nowt, thanks to @kkossev.. For what it's worth, I have attached my device preferences and state variables.

2 Likes

Hi @kkossev , congrats for the great work. I came across a new(?) model of Tuya PIR device, the _TZ3040_bb6xaihh, which is not recognized by the driver. The exact same device is discussed HERE , maybe the information there may be useful. If you need a tester at any point, please let me know.

1 Like

Now, new problem... I'm getting a frequent false positives. There's no one in the rooms, no one in the house, no one hovering around the compound, no pets, no conceivable movements, and yet, the sensors would deport motion detected randomly.

Please Any pointers torwards a possible cause and resolution?

Increase the detection delay parameter (default value is 0.2 seconds, probably is too low to filter interference).

Decrease the radar sensitivity (default value is 7 - try lower values).

1 Like