[RELEASE] Tuya Zigbee Multi-Sensor 4 In 1 (PIR motion sensors) w/ healthStatus

Hi @kkossev
I have done just this, removed all sensors from HE C-8 and paired them to my old C-5. My c-5 has just 2 zwave switches paired to it prior to adding in the new Tuya presence sensors. The sensirsars not reporting motion detection or otherw, the states do not change. I'm still using your 4 in 1 drivers for tuya presence sensors. Unfortunately this isn't working.

But rather than spend all the time troubleshooting this with no apparent solution in sight, I want to order new presence sensors., but DEFINITELY NOT CHATTY TUYA AGAIN :joy:

@kkossev and all,
I want to order new set of presence sensors, I need up to 25 pieces to execute lighting automations and others based on presence / absence. As per my program, All 25 should be working perfectly and LOCALLY on hubitat.

1. Please is this possible, can my C-8 handle all these devices concurrently

2. please could you kindly recommend a superior brand and model, (if possible with link) taut can be purchased in the USA? A presence sensor taut is proven to be reliable and locally compatible with HEand known to be working with issues.

3. the Aqara FP2 is very interesting, can it work in my scenario described above?

Thanks tin advance for your response(s) :pray:

Thanks very much.

My advice will be to set up just one sensor, make it work as expected, and if satisfied, go with the rest of the 24 devices of the same type...

How many of these motion/presence sensors are expected to be activated at the same time? I mean that if there are no people in every room at one and the same time, the old C-5 may handle the traffic. Hubitat Mesh is a very good feature.

Don't give up on this one. Please post the device 'State Variables' and the Preferences - it should look like this :

Summary

I have probably the same device, and it is working just fine on a C-7 hub.

On the alternative solutions - Aqara FP1 (Zigbee) is much less chatty and it is working very well for me.
Aqara FP2 (WiFi) will require either HomeAssistant or an Apple device to be used as a bridge to Hubitat, it is not supported directly.

@kkossev
Thanks a lot for your advice , I almost gave up on these sensors to reinvest in new ones, it after reading your feedback, I decided to give it one more try. However, I decided to tweak your advice a Lil bit: instead of adding all 20x se sensors to one hub, I decided to share the load between the two hubs, 10x sensors installed to each hub (c-5 and c-8). Next, I raised the lux limit to 50, just to reduce the likelihood of the sensor reporting every single change in value of lux reading. After this, I observed that the live logs were showing much less data and updating much less frequently.

After testing, all 20 sensors are currently sending their states to the hubitat hub and I'm getting the updates, awesome. I've only tested it for just 2 days, so it's early days yet, but I remain optimistic nowt, thanks to @kkossev.. For what it's worth, I have attached my device preferences and state variables.

2 Likes

Hi @kkossev , congrats for the great work. I came across a new(?) model of Tuya PIR device, the _TZ3040_bb6xaihh, which is not recognized by the driver. The exact same device is discussed HERE , maybe the information there may be useful. If you need a tester at any point, please let me know.

1 Like

Now, new problem... I'm getting a frequent false positives. There's no one in the rooms, no one in the house, no one hovering around the compound, no pets, no conceivable movements, and yet, the sensors would deport motion detected randomly.

Please Any pointers torwards a possible cause and resolution?

Increase the detection delay parameter (default value is 0.2 seconds, probably is too low to filter interference).

Decrease the radar sensitivity (default value is 7 - try lower values).

1 Like

Can you try to configure manually the device as shown on the picture below:
Hit Save, then pair the device again to HE ( do not remove it, just pair it again).

IIUC, these are lower frequency than most other mmWave devices on the market. That may account for the difference.

So far, I'm finding they work best to supplement PIR motion sensors -- make a composite that goes active if the PIR does, but doesn't go inactive until they both do.

The problem is that the hub is not even detecting the driver in first place. I have manually assigned the multi sensor 4 in 1 driver but that alone won't bring me the profile options like I see in the other sensor which was detected by the hub (_TZ3000_6ygjfyll). You can see in the picture that 'device name' just shows 'device' and not the actual name of the driver like seen in the one that works.

@cvinhaes it is expected that your device name is set automatically as 'device', because it is a new manufacturer and its fingerprint is not in the driver. This shouldn't be a problem,

Did you try what I proposed ?

1. Enable the 'Advanced Options', hit Save. The 'Device Profile' dropdown menu will become visible.
  2. Select "Tuya TS0202 Motion Sensor (IAS)", then hit Save again
  3. Pair the device again to HE, without removing it.

You should see the device profile selected in the State Variables :

My bad!!! Forgot to save after turning on the advanced options switch. The solution worked brilliantly, appreciate your help, Sir.

1 Like

I was thinking the same. Since TUYA years after years is proposing very good products, I was thinking to buy and integrate everything with theiy hub. Maybe you did it? What do you think about that now?
Thanks

I don't have the Tuya hub. I'm guessing connectivity is probably great, but would likely lack the ease of programming rules found in Hubitat, plus lack many of the great addons that Hubitat also has.

1 Like

Tuya Zigbee Human Presence Detector Smart Human Body PIR Sensor Radar Detector Microwave Motion Sensors

• manufacturer: _TZE204_sxm7l9xa
  • model: TS0601

This device just stays in an active state. The only way it changes is if I manually put it in inactive; leading me to believe that it isn't working.

I am relatively new on Hubitat (1 week). So, pardon me if I overlooked something in this thread.

Hi @user6222 ,

Please ensure first that you are using the latest development branch version of this driver.
At this moment the version is 1.3.7 2023-07-19.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Tuya%20Multi%20Sensor%204%20In%201/Tuya%20Multi%20Sensor%204%20In%201.groovy

If you click on the 'Initialize' button and then press F5 in the browser to refresh the device web page, you should see " deviceProfile : TS0601_SXM7L9XA_RADAR" in the State Variables section. Can you confirm that the model is recognized correctly?

1 Like

I confirm this worked excelent with Tuya WiFi Zigbee Human Motion Sensor Smart Home PIR Motion Sensor Detector With Light Sensor Scene Switch and it detects

• Motion
  • illuminance (0 and 1) for general illuminance without LUX (i guess from senser)
  • button press pushed
  • double pushed
  • and battery

really nice set of basic inputs all together for automation of bathrooms or area in which the sensor can work as scene switcher or so

2 Likes

Thank you so much. All is well now. This little sensor is powerful once you get the sensitivity and distance right.

1 Like

very nice! Do you mean that there is a driver for hubitat that works directly without any special knowledge?

If your device is the same as the one posted in the link above, it is supported by this driver.

Complete newbie here. I recently purchased this device.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 41
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,E002,4000,EF00,0500
  • manufacturer: _TZ3218_awarhusb
  • model: TS0225
  • outClusters: 000A,0019
  • softwareBuild:
  • tuyaVersion: 1.0.1

I can't get it to work. I couldn't find the tuya 4-1 in the hpm, i manually installed the driver (I think i did it right). Any help would be greatly appreciated. the generic didn't work. I can get it paired no problem. It is showing motion status as active but it doesn't perform any actions.

1 Like