[RELEASE] Tuya Temperature Humidity Illuminance LCD Display with a Clock (w/ healthStatus)

I see now that yours (and probably @kahn-hubitat device too) has a newer firmware version. Yours is 48, while my device Application version is 46. So there might be some changes in the device behaviour, also may be some new bugs introduced in the firmware…

Now I think that the battery level reporting has been changed from 0…100 range to 0…127 range.

Beside the different readings of the humidity compared to the other sensor, does the humidity shown on the display match the value shown in HE?

2 Likes

Yes, the humidity shown on the display matches the value shown in HE, and the value in HE is updated straight away if the humidity level changes (forced different humidity levels).
However, not sure why there is a warning for humidity sensitivity below 5% ? I have set it to 1% and it seems to be working fine.

Summary

EDIT: I applied a 5% humidity offset - this is reflected in the driver only, the offset value is not shown on the device display?

With that logic mine was 131% when i first got it?

here is my conversation with them from the other thread.. and why i stopped using that particular sensor..

As I said in the other thread, checking the data (the lcd screen) every 20 seconds and reporting changes hasn't been a super big deal to me. I think I'd prefer more updates in a rapidly changing environment. My basement's not a wine cooler, but down there it doesn't report too much, in my opinion. Sometimes the RH flip flops from one value to another and back again in short duration, but I don't think it happens too much. Does the wine cooler not stabilize after the door is closed for a while?

It's been communicating well from the basement. Batteries (2 AAA) still at 100%. I ordered two more.

same here I wish i could limit down the illuminance reporting check, not to be instant to conserve battery

that is the beautiful TS0222 / _TYZB01_kvwjujy9 that everybody say it's bad but for me working fine and actually i like very elegant device

2 Likes

I checked the code, seems like this device ( corrected link ) may report back to the hub the illuminance sensitivity, when I have some time I can experiment with setting it up.

1 Like

Your.gonna overload the mesh.with devices that report that often. 1 maybe ok 3-4 no

I totally agree. Not only will the zigbee network be overloaded, but it's likely so will the HE hub, because unlike Temperature and Humidity, Lux reporting is not bufferred by the driver.

1 Like

Me? 22 logs in 12 hours (see above). I don't think so.
That illuminescence thing looks scary though. Good thing the 3R devices don't have it.

I grabbed two of these (TZ3000_dowj6gyi - happens to be listed as UNTESTED in the release notes) off Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003187008387.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.17.1a5f1802Hku1ti

Neither worked. Both paired fine with this driver and reported this:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_dowj6gyi
  • model: TS0201

One would report battery voltage every 4-hours (only thing it sent) or when a reset was pressed. The second only paired and reported nothing. I turned on all logging and it doesn't broadcast anything. They were cheap... now I know why they were cheap. :slight_smile:

Trying round #2 with these that are Zigbee 3.0:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005323701818.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.1a5f1802Hku1ti

I have one of these

Couple of issues to report:

I note that the displayed humidity does not necessarily report to Hubitat. When I’m in the shower I see peaks on the display that aren’t reported to Hubitat.

In addition, It can go for hours without reporting. I did try pinging it, but got no response…and then shortly after it started reporting again.

Not sure it’s working as it should.

I see in dresden-elektronik/deconz implementation these sensors have a 'telinkMacPrefix' tag, which is not good... The first Zigbee devices that were unable to stay connected to C-7 hub had the Teilnk SoC ....

What is your hub: C-7 or C-8 ?

My hub is a C-5.

I second that. Mine is working perfectly. I am very pleased with the device.

At least a double-press of the button on the back switches it between C/F.

Also, it does seem to work with the built-in Generic Zigbee Temperature/Humidity driver.

Thanks a ton for making this driver. I'm using it successfully with multiple sensors!

Does anyone know if one of these models would be easily hackable so I could add an external temperature probe? I'm hoping to add a probe like this: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801218637660.html

Any help is appreciated!

There are such temperature sensors with an external probe, but they are rather expensive...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004212085690.html

2 Likes

I have one of those and it works great, but I'd like to have more and they're so expensive. That's why I'm wanting to try to make my own if possible.

What is the Zigbee model and the manufacturer of your device? (Device Details - Data section)