[RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile!

BIG update! Please update both parent and child apps...

03/14/20 -

• Maker API setup now in Parent app, On/off/lock/unlock url now selected from dropdown in child app
  • No more editing the Maker URL, it is now created for you
  • If number of lines is reduced, a cleanup happens to remove all of the leftover settings
  • Line copy now brings over the Device and Attribute
  • Tile copy now bring over the Device (attribute isn't selected)
  • Found and fixed a few bugs too!

Exploring insert/delete a line...

1 Like

Very cool update!
Since you introduced device control I often thought how tedious the Maker API entry was....and you solved that!

One issue is the bit.ly integration does not work -- when you activate the toggle only the maker api links are presented with no entry for a new url. Unless im missing something?

Whoops, should be fixed now.

Child:
V2.3.5 - 03/14/20 - Fixed Bitly url selection

Crushin' those bugs...awesome, dude

Okay, trying to get TM2 to work with a Connector Variable that is a number. I have defined as follows:

In the Tiles Sample, if the value is 0, I get:

If the value is 1-4, I get:

If the value is 5, I get:

(and no, these aren't all the same image!).

On the dashboard, I get:

0: image

1-4: image

5: image

I want the text to be RED when a "Door is Open", aka values 1-4 and for it to "fade into the background when the value is 0 (set by a rule).

Any ideas?
Alan

@alan564923 - just did some testing and it seems to be working on my end. I did make a few changes a few days ago though so it looks like it's a good time to put out a new version.

Please update both parent and child and let me know how it goes.

New version on GitHub...

Parent:
V2.1.3 - 03/15/20 - Added option field - cloudToken

Child:
V2.3.6 - 03/22/20 - Changed custom number color wording. Fixed device value not showing after selecting attribute. Added selection for IP or Cloud for device control

Stupid, me, I should have stated I updated all code before entering the issue.

Parent is: 2.1.3 (now)
Chile is: 2.3.6 (now)
Driver is: 2.0.3

Funny, I had updated earlier today (at least I thought I did.

But, alas, same thing is happening. I then created a whole new child app. Alas, same thing. This time I changed the colors so all three values are the same. They tile is getting the color under >=.

(from the dashboard, not sample). Blue is the color under >=, between is red and <= is green.

Oh, the variable is a "Local" variable defined in the rule rather than a "Global" variable. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Alan

Hmm, I'm wondering if that 'variable' is actually a string and not a number. Let me mess with the code today and see what I can do about that.

@alan564923 - please give V2.3.7 a try.

If this doesn't work, please give me a quick walk through on making a variable in RM. I don't use RM much at all and have never done it. That way I can have a better way to test what you are seeing.

Thanks

Child V2.3.7 Fixed the issue! Great work.

Alan

Another question. Does anybody know the color of the standard Grey background for a Dashboard tile? It looks like "Grey", but when I use "Grey" for the text color, it's not a match. I've tried all the grey values available. I've matched it manual with RGB values, but if I enter those in the color field, I get an error.

I'm using the format 128,128,128. Can this be done? If so, what is the correct format? Now that I'm thinking about it, you are using straight HTML code here correct? So I should be using #808080 format right? Would this work?

I love explaining a problem to someone. I usually find the answer in the middle of the explanation and person I'm explaining to is puzzled why I just said "THAT'S IT" in the middle of the explanation. (Yes I'm an old programmer.) C is first letter of a good language, COBOL!

Thanks,
Alan

Awesome, glad to hear it!

COBOL ... my first real job was working in a computer lab at MIT (1987 - 90). At that point it was still COBOL, punch cards, paper tape, mag reels and people waaaay smarter than me!

2 Likes

No paper type for me. I got a job maintaining the COBOL compiler (it was written in PL/1) for the University of Maryland. I moved from Punch Cards to a DecWriter 1200. Fast! :slight_smile:. Mag Tape. We had a Univac 1106 and a 1108. I managed to NEVER learn or use an IBM.

Alan

Go Sperry Univac!!

Hi @bptworld,

I was wondering whether it would be easy enough to include the ability to turn on and off the generation of a tile in this app? The kind of thing I am targeting is setting up various media control tiles (or for other purposes as well) that are only rendered on my dashboard when content through my harmony hub is active.

My thoughts were if I could setup a rule to detect harmony activity and call a command or adjust a setting within tile master to trigger the existing process for generating tile html. So I would configure a tile as per usual, but the html generated would first look at a flag to say whether to output any tile contents, etc. Hope this makes sense...

I'll have a look around in the code myself to see what may be possible.
Simon

I may have solved my own question. Depending on how you setup your tile master tile (I'm guessing it is tied to any updates for related devices) you can setup a rule to send a custom "sendTile011" command with an empty string based on whatever conditions are required when you want to hide the A/V tile. For me that was a change in the harmony hub where no activity was active. This also required CSS which I am already familiar with to hide various titles and backgrounds. This would also require no code change. Including a device that changes state on a regular basis would cause this approach to fail.

Sounds interesting, keep us updated!

1 Like

There's certainly some promise there in terms of reducing the need for code changes in TM, but ultimately I think changes in TM would make a big difference in how easy this would be to implement. I'll provide some more details once I get some sleep. :slight_smile:

Having a custom action defined in TM to toggle on/off the display of a tile would be great. Nominating the rules inside TM to trigger this action would be awesome, but ultimately the ability to trigger this new custom action from RM would be enough for my usage.

Simon

lol, always a good idea! Also, feel free to mess around with the code. I do accept most pull requests and improvements are always appreciated.

Thanks

3 Likes

@bptworld

with the icons we have add / delete
can you add an option to edit?

i am currently using off-site links to icons, but spun up an Apache docker to host locally -- would like to just change links instead of having to delete all and re-do