[RELEASE] Tasmota Sync - Native and Real-time Synchronization between Hubitat and Tasmota 11 or later

Would you mind posting how you setup tasmota sync and tasmota to control your servos?

I'm glad you were able to answer your own question. Multiple "dimmers" on the same device would be a very unusual configuration, but there is a single dimmer device that also has the Custom Command option that might be cleaner than using the Sensor option. Just a thought.

1 Like

I have come up with a solution which works for my use case. I open my blinds to a set position consistently so if you do the same this may work for you. I followed the Tasmmota doc for a dual servo setup on one esp mcu (i have a mixture of single and dual servo setups)

I found this rule while perusing tasmota docs. and have adopted it for my dual servo use case. '50' is the position of the blind. (range is 0-100)

Rule on power3#state=1 do backlog ShutterPosition1 50; ShutterPosition2 50 ENDON on power3#state=0 do backlog ShutterPosition1 0; ShutterPosition2 0 ENDON

To use, remove all rules from your Tasmota blind mcu.

  1. In tasmota console remove all existing rules, rule1 ", rule2 ", rule3 ", etc.
  2. Remove the Tasmota sync device for your blinds
  3. install the above rule and activate it.
  4. test it by going to the tasmota web console for your blind mcu and toggle relay3 (both blinds should open/close
  5. Install the tasmota sync quad relay driver and configure as normal.

Switch 3 will open/close both blinds with on/off.

Its a kludge buts works.

1 Like

I created two pwm channels in tasmota configuration. I had to activate multiple servo by the console in tasmota. I can't recall the exact function number. This step was important so one dimmer (pwm channel) didn't affect the other one. This wasn't clearly defined online and wasted much time of mine.

Then setup a tasmota dimmer in hubitat.then issued custom commands under rule machine. Two strings. One Channel# where # is the channel number as in the number assigned to that pwm channel. The other string is a number between 1 and 99.

I can look over it and provide more detail and screenshots if you like. I'm away from it as I type this.

Edit: When I had two pwm I found one affected the other one. Typing "setoption68 1" into the console unties them and they both operate independently.

Thanks @kuzenkohome . I looked at using the shutter mode. Which I believe you are using. I'll keep what you have done in mind.

At the moment I'll stick with using the dimmer and custom commands as I set my blinds to three states, closed, fully open, and privacy which is mostly dipped.

On my front blinds (also Venetians, in the living space only) I chase the sun in the morning, as in adjust them based on where the sun is in the sky to let the most light in. Currently doing that with hubduino but I may look into changing those over to tasmota.. But they still work so I don't see myself doing that in a hurry.

Stick with what works for you. I also used (and still use) Hubduino when I started with Hubitat 4 years ago, but ran into performance issues (C4 model with OS memory leak and no fix, upset at that), had to reboot every week.

Also had some zigbee devices that were not supported by Hubitat (my mistake in purchasing) so I had found Zigbee2MQTT/Node-Red/Tasmota and have moved a lot of my stuff over and like it for the open source nature.

But I still use hubitat due to the strong community support. May purchase a C8 eventually.

Everytime I use the refresh-Method new values are fetched... :+1:
But after some seconds this error is raised: :thinking:

Failed to find child C0A8B252-ep1 - exception null

What's going on?

I’m traveling at the moment and won’t be back until the end of the month so I can’t go into any detail.

What that error is saying though is that it is trying to contact child devices but they don’t exist.

Could be a code error or it could be that your device driver is configured to expect child devices, but they don’t exist.

Are you configured for\expecting child devices.

1 Like

It'a simple power switch - so I expect no child device. :person_shrugging:

Have a look in the State variables for “useChildDevices”. It should be false in your case. If it shows as true then click on ChildrenRemove and try it again.

useChildDevices shows false.
BTW: There is no ChildrenRemove-Button.

What I also noticed:

  • It shows needlessly switch and switch1 states.
  • The events for switch1 are much more reliable than using switch (e.g. which doesn't fires when I turn on/off the switch manually).
  • Turning the switch off doesn't reset the power value.
  • switch fires "on", even when it is already "on" - switch1 correctly only fires once.

It would be great to have a simple device driver (without any childs, just a single power switch). :blush: