[RELEASE] Tasmota for HE - Auto-detecting Tasmota drivers + Tasmota firmware 7.x/8.x for HE (for use with Tuya, Sonoff and other ESP devices)

Discovery? In the Tasmota Device Manager App?

No. In the Alexa app (on my phone). I know this is beyond the HE scope, but curious if you have any experience with that.

No sorry, I don't use any of these services, I live in China so they don't work very well here. I wrote those child device drivers to be as complete as can be, based on what those that know about and use these services told me. Beyond that I don't know, sorry. I'm sure that if you create a new thread and ask, someone that do know can help. :slight_smile:

Have a question about the Sonoff Tasmota configuration. Specifically, does the Emulation selection affect the current setup? I f I change it to "Belkin WeMo" would that screw things up?

Once installed it doesn't matter unless you want to rediscover it. It is only used to find the device during installation

No worries and thank you VERY much for getting this to work!! I'll start a new thread if I can't figure it out.

1 Like

If you do, you should mention in that thread that the device has these capabilities:

capability "Actuator"
capability "Switch"
capability "Outlet"

Ok. I will. Thanks you!

If I am understanding your question properly - to make it visible to Alexa, assuming you have the Alexa skill installed already on Alexa, it should have installed the Amazon Echo Skill under the apps section in HE.

Select the app. Tap the list to edit, check the devices you want Alexa to be able to access, tap Update and the Done.

In seconds you should be notified on your phone that Alexa has discovered new devices.

Steve,
I actually started a new posting for this.

2 Likes

So is there anyway to change the IP address for a device once its been configured?? Or perhaps more directly, to change it to a hostname??

My devices are all dhcp and my router/dhcp server went down and everything has new IP's.

As long as you didn't change the defaults and you're not using VLANs they should be auto-detected again from the MAC address, but it is still recommended to pin IPs in the DHCP when using Tasmota.

1 Like

Iā€™m not able to complete a refresh devices or a discovery. It seems the app crashes. What logs would help to debug?

I don't think the App crashes, that is a bit of an extreme statement, turn on debug logging and do what you did when you had problems. PM me the logs.

Thank you for reporting, this is fixed in the development version, I will push that one as release soon.

1 Like

Hi @markus,

Any plans to release/update the HE Tasmota 8.1 firmware to the newer releases (currently 8.3.1).

I know you can just install non-HE firmware, but wanted to inquire if you had any plans before I venture down that road.

Thanks!

1 Like

@markus, any chances that the Hubitat specific commands could be added to the main Tasmota branch? I wonder if that may not make it easier to use the latest versions and features...?

Funny you should bring this up. I just compiled 8.3.1 yesterday after bringing over markus' changes. I wanted to play with Buttons V2 and I needed a fix from a later version for my Tuya MCU scene controller. It's working on my SD-02 dimmer and Topgreener scene controller. You are welcome to try the 8.3.1 bin if you need it for something. But I make no guarantees, please don't install it on anything you can't open up and re-flash if there is a problem.

Releases Ā· Obi2000/Tasmota Ā· GitHub

1 Like

@Sebastien They don't want to add it, so that is not happening.

Great work! It does look correct, I've been to busy with other things to prioritize these things, but with the new button support I guess it can't be postponed any more.

I have built 8.3.1, there were some changes needed to make sure it will remain stable. Will test the build for a bit and then I'll release it.

2 Likes