[RELEASE] Simple Multi Tile - Create a simple multi device tile with just a few clicks

There is your answer... No data in the device. You'll need to populate the device before adding it to a dashboard.

aaaaa

I did finally get it to work thank you for the help

1 Like

Hello. I am trying to use this for my dashboard but I'm running into a similar issue like the user above, as the 'bpt-simpleMultiTitle' template isn't loading . However I have data in the device and it still isn't showing up. Any help would be appreciated.

If you use an attribute tile template and use bpt-simpleMultiTile as the attribute does it give you what you’re looking for?

Instructions for adding to dashboard are in the first post.

Oh my apologies. I misunderstood the directions. It its working now and it looks great!

2 Likes

Is there a reason (or am I doing something wrong) that the font for the device attributes doesn't follow the dashboard font size? ie the title at the bottom. It seems the device attributes are about 6 or 8 point sizes larger.

Dashboard font size 10
chrome-Friday-31-014

Dashboard font size 13
chrome-Friday-31-015

Thanks for a great btw.

Mike

I just double checked, there is nothing in the code to specify font size. So it's completely under the control of the dashboard. It's been a long time since I used a dashboard so I don't have a good answer for you but at least I know it's not something in the code. :wink:

Ok thanks for the quick response.

I created a new dashboard with only a SMT tile to test and the device attribute font is definitely larger as shown above.

Perhaps this might help.
Here's the tile.
chrome-Friday-31-018

Here's the HTML, underlined in red show the font size.
Friday-31-017_LI

Those are coming from the template itself. May try adding

#tile-1 td{font-size:8px} 

into the CSS to see if helps.

1 Like

Again, that's the dashboard putting that in. Please look at my code, you won't find any < div > or font-size in my table.

1 Like

I'm not blaming your app, I'm just trying to figure out where the font-size: 18px is coming from since I specified a font size of 12 in the dashboard settings.

1 Like

That corrected the issue, I used 12px though.

Thanks

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

1.0.4 - 01/28/22 - Fixed typos, thanks to @boris.juraga. Nice catch!

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’ve been playing with this app for some days, and although it is looking good so far for my needs, I haven’t been able to understand how the Filter Options work. I have tried everything I can think of, without luck.
I will appreciate any help with some examples or syntax explanation.

On the other hand, any news on the font size issue?

Thanks for the good work.

Edit: I finally figured out how filters work. Easy and fast!

I my use of SMT filter just removes the words you enter. ie if you type in "temperature" SMT removes the word from the tile.

Here's my device

Here's the filter:

Here's the tile:

To correct the font sizes go into the dashboard where your SMT tile is, then click the 'gear' icon the n 'advanced' then 'CSS' Click 'save css' at the bottom when done.

Each tile is given a incrementing number (starting at 1) as they are created. You can specify a per tile font size by entering a font size declaration as shown below. Different tiles can have different font sizes. There is a thread on the forum about CSS formatting you may want to search for and peruse if you want to get more sophisticated.

#tile-1 td{font-size:8px}

Thanks @kuzenkohome for your answer.

I appreciate your hep on the Filters question, it was as simple as you mention.

On the font size question, I still have some testing to do so I can find the proper size for my dashboards.

It seems that CSS is interesting and powerful once you know how to do it.

Thanks again!

Hey, i am using these as widgets to group xiaomi temperature and humidity sensors into a group per floor in my house. Works great, but i have 1 or 2 sensors that seem to drop off every few days. I show temp and humidity and i tried adding the last updated as 3rd column, but the simple tiles dont pick it up.

I found what may be the cause, temp,humidity, pressure are all capabilities in the driver for xiaomi, but last updated is an attribute.

Before i get invested :slight_smile: is there a technical limitation to showing attributes in a smart tile? If not, i might try to contribute a change at some point.

@bptworld - I'm trying out this nice app to minimize the tiles on my dashboard. I want to combine my date, time season etc and in my world - Mode is a function of that.
How can I embed the contents of the Mode Tile into your tile?