[No Longer Maintained] Sensor Groups+

I doubt the update/reboot will help. I would:

1. Uninstall via HPM.
  2. Ensure everything is removed under the "Apps Code" section.
  3. Ensure the device driver is removed under the "Drivers Code" section.
  4. Go the the "Devices" section, search for "Sensor Groups+_OmniSensor" and delete any device that shows up.
  5. Reinstall via HPM.

Did you change any of the default configs or just name the child app and select the sensors?

Version 2.1.6 Released

• Changed info logging to provide the child device name instead of the generic "virtual device"

@Busthead

2 Likes

No change to the settings.. I went through those steps for the uninstall and re-install. I get this error when I go to set the child app for contact sensors:

and then if I go back into the child app for contact sensors and then try to modify anything, the same error occurs:

in reading through all the past posts, I don't even have accurate/updated states on the virtual device? The current states always stayed blank.

FYI-just tried it with a lock group too and it's the same first error after selecting them in the child app:

I'm able to replicate both issues now. I'll push a fix tomorrow.

2 Likes

Version 2.1.7 Released

• Fixed an issue where the child app was trying to enforce the child device name before the child device was created.
  • Fixed an issue where the child app was attempting to re-create the child device.
  • Set the parent app to automatically install when opening the first time.

@ywavebee

4 Likes

You are a genius! Thank you. Confirmed I was able to get past the installation and get a rule set for this. Now for more fun and tinkering. Big thank you!

1 Like

This is awesome. Thanks @FriedCheese2006

I am actually using this with the RM rule for my attic fan you helped me with. Instead of specifying what windows have to be open, I just made a child device with all the suitable windows and set the threshold to 3. So it doesn't matter what windows are open, as long as 3 of them are.

I can think of a bunch of other applications for this too already! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Version 2.2.0 Released

New child app to support pressure sensors.

@ero4444

2 Likes

I tried the previous version and it worked right off the bat. Very impressive.

The Pressure version, I may not be updating correctly, I haven't blown everything in the groups to start over yet, but it's like the pressure group doesn't appear in HPM manifest (maybe - never used HPM before, so the workflow is unclear yet) . All the other groups appear first installing, then (something), then finished.

I'll update after I try to start clean (haven't figured that out).

Looks like fun, a respite from the drumbeat of smartthings bad-news.

Just use the "Modify" option in HPM. It will give you a drop-down to add the pressure app.

I did it that way so folks could cherry pick which app(s) they need/want.

Click Modify from the main settings and then pick this app:

On the next screen, select the pressure sensor child app:

1 Like

I have a deadbolt group that I just had a new experience with. One of the lock's statuses changed to unknown, resulting in the Groups+ showing locked.

Is there an ability for "unlocked" to be any status that is not locked?

No...fix your lock :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'll see what I can do.

Version 2.2.1 Released

Pretty minor change. Each child app will now have a link at the top of the page to take you to the child device.

3 Likes

To confirm, the actual lock device showed "lock: unknown" for current state?

correct. As soon as the status changed to unknown sensor group changed to locked because none of the locks were reporting unlocked. They also were not all reporting locked.

Cool. Easy fix. I'll push another update in just a few.

1 Like

Version 2.2.2 Released

• Added logic to show locks in an 'unknown' state as unlocked in the group.
  • Changed the Min/Max device attributes in the child device driver.
  • Streamlined the logic for generating the device list in the power device app.
    @JamesTX10
2 Likes

Thank You

1 Like

Locks are not working now:

All 4 devices are showing locked. Here are logs:

What do the device pages show? It's all working fine for me. If the device pages look good, can you go to line 160 in the child app code, hit enter to create a blank line, then, in the blank line paste this

logDebug "${it.displayName} is ${it.currentValue("lock")}"

Save the code. Turn on debugging in the app, and then just hit done. It should gives some logs showing what the app is reading the status as. Screenshot that for me.

I'll add that debug line to the next update.