[No Longer Maintained] Sensor Groups+

This works for the open side but results in NULL when all are closed.

I found another app called Device Status Announcer that looks to do all I need for the notification part. I have a rule turn on a virtual switch when my Sensor group TotalOpen changes and that triggers DSA to announce which device or devices are open and an all-closed message if none are open.

I started adding in descriptive text for the devices being closed and realized that this is why I didn't do it in the first place. Inherently, if the virtual device is closed, then everything is closed. So you're rule would just need a conditional:

IF(contact sensor = open) THEN
    Message/Log/Speak: %text%
ELSE
    Message/Log/Speak: Everything is closed.
END-IF

Although...I do suppose that setting the descriptive text on close would let the rule be simpler.

I lied. I realized that since there's a varying threshold for most of the groups, putting in a blanket statement of "all the contact sensors are closed", "all locks are locked", etc. would potentially be incorrect.

That is also correct. No more changes need on this issue for me. I can use Device Status Announcer with your group as the trigger and it is working how I want. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

No...thank you for yours. You've definitely help catch a number of things that I hadn't.

3 Likes

Hi @FriedCheese2006 ,

Any chance of making the info logs optional as well, like the debug one's are?

For you Simon...anything.

But, I'm out of town for the weekend, so probably like Monday.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan, no rush.

1 Like

Version 2.1.4 Released

Made info level logging optional in all child apps.

1 Like

Version 2.1.5 Release

• Added an option for keeping the app and device names in sync. Turn this off if you would like to update the device name from the device page.
  • Made the "Name" and "Options" sections hidden by default after installation.
Default appearance when loading in after installation:

Sections expanded:

3 Likes

I am trying to get this going and struggling a bit. The idea and applications that pointed me to this post are great and I cannot wait to get this to work. I believe I have everything installed correctly but when I have selected the contact sensors for the group, the logs are saying this: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A device with the same device network ID exists, Please use a different DNI on line 129 (method updated)
When I look at all my devices and include the Device Network ID, I don't see a duplicate. Do I just need to edit the virtual device ID to something way different?
I am pretty sure this is then what is preventing anything else from working when I'm setting up a basic rule to notify me which device is open?

It means the child app created a virtual device, lost track of it, and then tried to create it again. Best just to remove the child app and start over from scratch.

I've had this happen once or twice but haven't been able to reliably reproduce it to put in a fix.

I may oddly be your repeatable source? lol. I just did that and same error in the log after creating the child app.
I can uninstall everything and powercycle and reinstall? I used HPM and did the options to repair and such to ensure the files were in sync. Not sure if there was a hiccup in that process that is now causing this.

Which child app are you installing? Contact?

Yeah, I was just trying out the contract group to start before looking at the other child groups. I've removed everything and will take the latest hub update to reboot and get a fresh start. I very well could have installed it incorrectly as I tried to manually do it vs. HPM at first and got tripped up on that process.

I doubt the update/reboot will help. I would:

1. Uninstall via HPM.
  2. Ensure everything is removed under the "Apps Code" section.
  3. Ensure the device driver is removed under the "Drivers Code" section.
  4. Go the the "Devices" section, search for "Sensor Groups+_OmniSensor" and delete any device that shows up.
  5. Reinstall via HPM.

Did you change any of the default configs or just name the child app and select the sensors?

Version 2.1.6 Released

• Changed info logging to provide the child device name instead of the generic "virtual device"

@Busthead

2 Likes

No change to the settings.. I went through those steps for the uninstall and re-install. I get this error when I go to set the child app for contact sensors:

and then if I go back into the child app for contact sensors and then try to modify anything, the same error occurs:

in reading through all the past posts, I don't even have accurate/updated states on the virtual device? The current states always stayed blank.

FYI-just tried it with a lock group too and it's the same first error after selecting them in the child app:

I'm able to replicate both issues now. I'll push a fix tomorrow.

2 Likes

Version 2.1.7 Released

• Fixed an issue where the child app was trying to enforce the child device name before the child device was created.
  • Fixed an issue where the child app was attempting to re-create the child device.
  • Set the parent app to automatically install when opening the first time.

@ywavebee

4 Likes