[Release] Samsung Multiroom WiFi Audio

The installation and short-form operation instructions are contained at the link below:

NOTE: The URL fix yesterday broke the createPreset function in only the case that a URL preset is currently being played. I will fix this today.

1 Like

I can happily report that the latest update fixed everything!! Queing works and so does resume after TTS... soooo happy @djgutheinz !! Thank you for all your hard work on this...

2 Likes

I see en error in device log.

What were you doing when the error occurred? What version of the driver are you running. The error is telling you that the Speaker returned invalid data when queried while setting up recovery.

Consider updating to 3.3.3.

I am on 3.3.3. I see that error when I "Play text" from the device driver page. I t does play test , but throwing that error in the log. I am just letting you know about that error.

The error is on play text and trying to recover the song. Are you playing a song when you play the text? That may be the problem (design to recover even when there is no music to recover).

No, I am not playing a song. Just a test message.

Good information. I now know the fix. Update coming later this week.

Thanks,

Dave

2 Likes

An update to the DRIVER has been completed to address this error. Additionally, I fixed some errors in the soundbar implementation (the soundbar has a different operational program and behaves differently for the same commands).

Dave

Link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/SamsungMultiroom/MultiRoomDriver.groovy

3 Likes

HI!

I get this error when I try to use TTS on my R1 speaker:

OK, you are testing me? Well, I found the error and it is unrelated to tts commands.

It is in the (rarely used) Group Speaker functions and is caused by executing the Group Stop command. That is the only area that causes that specific problem. I will fix in the next version (it is in my application code already).

Dave

1 Like

I am just installing for the first time. New hubitat 2 days old - moving 100 smartthings from samsung to hubitat - going slowly. Trying my M3 speaker as first project. I am running the app and it is consistently not finding my speaker - yet I can use the samsung app to play media to the app - so I know its connected. Any thoughts or things i can try?

I noticed the readme references files that seem to not exist anymore:

• samsung soundbar.groovy

are those replaced by multiroom*****.groovy ???

Thanks for your help - and I am looking forward to giving Samsung the boot.

TODDL

Welcome to the community!

• I merged all of the drivers into a single file.
  • Did you try what was said on the "Speaker Discovery" page: Speaker Discovery "If no speakers are discovered after several minutes, press DONE. This will install the app. Then re-run the application".
  • If so, then there may be a problem in the code. I will need your assistance. Instructions:
    • Go to the Hubitat Apps page.
    • Open Logs in a SEPARATE browser tab or window
    • Run the Samsung Speakers Integration
    • Select next
    • let run for about 60 seconds.
    • If there are speakers in the window, then success. If not, select DONE.
    • Copy and paste the log entries in a Private Message to me (click my icon above and select send message).

Dave

replied privately with logs. It runs forever, and yes I have hit DONE to make it install. I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall it. -TODDL

keeping this room up to date - Issue was fixed by making double sure that all devices were on the same network. There was some weirdness I cant explain going on in the home. Once rebooted a bunch of devices and switches, the discovery process started working - and NOW I have webcore speaking to me. This Wifi Audio app is great

3 Likes

From what you wrote I assume the tts did not work because the speaker was part of a group. I remove it from the group and it worked. Did I made the correct assumption?

By the way your integration is awsome. I was shock when it found my samsung streamer (wam270) which ST refuses to discover no matter what. (Why samsung would not support their own product on their platform is beyond my comprehension).

Anyway, the input selections for it are wrong though (since it is not listed in your code it default to simple speaker inputs). The correct ones are 1. wifi, 2. bt, 3. aux, 4. optical, 5. coaxial and 6. sounshare.

It is not a big deal for me (I can still use the app to select it) but it would be nice if it could be implemented even though I may be the only one needing it.

Interesting. I never considered the 270 in the mix of speakers. (1) glad it works and (2) I will try to come up with a retrofit fix for you so you do not have to reinstall. Will take a day or two.

Dave

As far as I recall, this is the normal behavior for these speakers in general. You can EITHER have a speaker in a group, and use the group, OR, you can use a speaker as a standalone (BUT it cannot be in a group when you do that). If you are trying to broadcast to a group, you HAVE to use the main speaker that the group was created from. This was how it worked in ST as well. I think it is a limitation of the speakers/samsung multi-room platform.

1 Like

Since I did the SmartThings integration, it may be a coder limitation. But the way I remember, if you tried it on a non-master group speaker, it forced the speaker out of the group.

1 Like

Well, I can tell you I have the same limitation when I use the Samsung Multiroom app alone. If a speaker is in a group, you cannot play to it. You have to either play to the group, or ungroup and play to a specific speaker.