[Release] Samsung Multiroom WiFi Audio

Welcome to the community!

• I merged all of the drivers into a single file.
  • Did you try what was said on the "Speaker Discovery" page: Speaker Discovery "If no speakers are discovered after several minutes, press DONE. This will install the app. Then re-run the application".
  • If so, then there may be a problem in the code. I will need your assistance. Instructions:
    • Go to the Hubitat Apps page.
    • Open Logs in a SEPARATE browser tab or window
    • Run the Samsung Speakers Integration
    • Select next
    • let run for about 60 seconds.
    • If there are speakers in the window, then success. If not, select DONE.
    • Copy and paste the log entries in a Private Message to me (click my icon above and select send message).

Dave

replied privately with logs. It runs forever, and yes I have hit DONE to make it install. I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall it. -TODDL

keeping this room up to date - Issue was fixed by making double sure that all devices were on the same network. There was some weirdness I cant explain going on in the home. Once rebooted a bunch of devices and switches, the discovery process started working - and NOW I have webcore speaking to me. This Wifi Audio app is great

3 Likes

From what you wrote I assume the tts did not work because the speaker was part of a group. I remove it from the group and it worked. Did I made the correct assumption?

By the way your integration is awsome. I was shock when it found my samsung streamer (wam270) which ST refuses to discover no matter what. (Why samsung would not support their own product on their platform is beyond my comprehension).

Anyway, the input selections for it are wrong though (since it is not listed in your code it default to simple speaker inputs). The correct ones are 1. wifi, 2. bt, 3. aux, 4. optical, 5. coaxial and 6. sounshare.

It is not a big deal for me (I can still use the app to select it) but it would be nice if it could be implemented even though I may be the only one needing it.

Interesting. I never considered the 270 in the mix of speakers. (1) glad it works and (2) I will try to come up with a retrofit fix for you so you do not have to reinstall. Will take a day or two.

Dave

As far as I recall, this is the normal behavior for these speakers in general. You can EITHER have a speaker in a group, and use the group, OR, you can use a speaker as a standalone (BUT it cannot be in a group when you do that). If you are trying to broadcast to a group, you HAVE to use the main speaker that the group was created from. This was how it worked in ST as well. I think it is a limitation of the speakers/samsung multi-room platform.

1 Like

Since I did the SmartThings integration, it may be a coder limitation. But the way I remember, if you tried it on a non-master group speaker, it forced the speaker out of the group.

1 Like

Well, I can tell you I have the same limitation when I use the Samsung Multiroom app alone. If a speaker is in a group, you cannot play to it. You have to either play to the group, or ungroup and play to a specific speaker.

I have a temporary code update and instructions below to correct the source on your installation without re-installing. Instructions:

• Open the Drivers Code page and open the "Samsung Wifi Speaker"
  • On line, add the updateDataValue code below after line 145. Save the changes.
  • Open your device and complete a Save Preferences.
    • Scrolling down to your device's data section, the input sources should look like the clip at the bottom.
  • On the device's page, run Input Source several times. This should scroll through the input sources of your device. (Note that when going to Bluetooth, it will take some time to transition to the next source. This is normal.)
  • Return to the CODE and delete the line you just added.

Get back to me if this fails or you have other issues.

Dave

New line:

updateDataValue("inputSources", "{1: wifi, 2: bt, 3: aux, 4: optical, 5: coaxial, 6: soundshare}")

1 Like

It works!

Thank you. Your support is outstanding.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have two speakers that are rather old, but they paired well with Smartthings and I can control them with the Samsung Multiroom App.
However, when I try to add to Hubitat using your integration they never get discovered.
My logs keep showing these every 15 seconds:
app:5182020-10-14 19:54:37.923 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: ssdpDiscover
app:5182020-10-14 19:54:22.606 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: ssdpDiscover

My speakers are the following Models:
Samsung R3 WAM3500WWB
Samsund Soundbar J8500 HW-J800WWB

Thank you so much!

The smartApp has to run discovery twice (still have not figured that out - but this is noted at the top of the app page).

• Install
  • Run App
  • Run Discovery
  • Select Done
  • Run App
  • Run Discovery again.

The speakers have to be on the same lan segment as your Hubitat Server.

Thank you, I tried it but now my log keeps repeating this:
app:5192020-10-14 21:48:44.086 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: verifySpeakers
app:5192020-10-14 21:48:40.042 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: ssdpDiscover
app:5192020-10-14 21:48:29.137 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: verifySpeakers
app:5192020-10-14 21:48:25.057 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: ssdpDiscover
app:5192020-10-14 21:48:13.350 debugSamsung Speakers Integration 3.3.4: verifySpeakers

That is normal. But did it discover anything?

• Run the App
  • Click the gear Icon in the upper right hand corner.
  • You should see the application state with data (like below). If so, take a screen shot and post or Private Message me.

Curiosity - are you a SmartThings refugee? If so, did you use the integration there?

Yes, refugee, but I didn't use your integration, I just used the official one. Even testing today they get added instantly when I click add device on ST.

On the application state, the speakers state is empty (speakers {}). I don't think you need a screenshot of that.

Try this:

1. Uninstall the app.
  2. Reinstall
  3. open a debug window
  4. Run the app. Let run for two minutes.
  5. Press done,
  6. Copy log and paste here.
    Dave
1 Like

LAN Concern. The SmartThings and Hubitat Apps use the same discovery algorithms (I developed both). What is different on the LAN installation location (IP address, etc.) between the two.

WorkAround. I can create a manual installation version of the driver in several hours. But it will NOT have any group functions. Will do this if you are interested.

Dave

Thank you, a manual option would surely work, but only if it doesn't take too much of your time. Integrating these speakers is not that important to me to warrant such a time effort.

1 Like

Hey, you won't believe it.
I decided to randomly try adding the speakers again today and the app discovered them correctly.
No idea why, but it's working now!
Thank you so much for the help once again

Humor. It must be that random error generator I place in the integration to keep me busy.

Reality. Thank you. I am glad you got it to work and sad you had problems.

Dave

1 Like