[RELEASE] Sage doorbell driver release v2.8.4

??? Im not aware of this

must of slipped by quality control lol

here is the zigbee event
c8 latest release

Meaning there was no specific fix put in place for this so unsure how its now broken when im not even sure this is a platform issue

you said the fix was found and was going in the next build and it stopped.. ie

see above,

@mike.maxwell

pfttt, last October?
nothing on any of the c8 fixes would have changed how this worked, have you reverted to a previous release to verify its a platform issue?

cannot revert to a previous release as it probably has been in there awhile and obviously dont have very many previous releases for the c8..

i was hoping you could refresh your memory and check that the fix you put in on that build is still in place.. all i know is that when you did it stopped on both of my c7s'' let me check the other c7 in my othe rhouse to see if it is also having the bogus event.

dont see the device on the othe rhouse.. must have removed the device to stop events when house was empty... bummer

it was a driver update, and there haven't been any changes to that driver since then

could it be behaving differently on the c8 becuase of the new chip or zigbee version.. ?

i will turn debugging on but i think it is the same message as prior

i dunno, would need to see a few rows of the device debug logs while this is happening to be sure

1 Like

here you go.. thanks.. looks like same prior message to me

this looks like a C8 specific thing..., will look into it

2 Likes

Just trying to be helpful.

I am not seeing any issue on my c7 so you statement about being a c8 issue sounds correct.

1 Like

Knock on wood... I have not seen any odd behaviour with mine since upgrading to the C8. I've had my new C8 up and running now for at least a couple of weeks.

have you looked in the logs..

2.3.5.116 includes a fix for the spastic events. In reviewing the driver code I'm not sure the previous fix last year could have ever worked....

1 Like

I did look through the logs. The only activity showing are confirmed doorbell button presses. No other messages, errors or triggers appear.

ya mine stopped doing the button two whan button 1 was pressed so it is intermittant weird.

Just go to the top of this thread and try my driver..

1 Like