[RELEASE] Sage doorbell driver release v2.8.4

But why is it sending anything every 2 minutes.

If so we should be able to turn it.off.

What is that message meant to be?

It looks like anything with a sourceEndpt of 0 is invalid

1 Like

i would agree on the destination endpoint 0 profile 0000 frame not being a button press were it not for multiple entries happening for frames not matching that as well.
I'll do another update dropping the ZDO (profile 0) frames and increase the reset timer value from 1 to 10 seconds...
Unfortunately I don't have one of these units to test with...

1 Like

it would be nice to know what this is.. or if we could get some kind of config setting to turn that crap off.. even if we ignore it I dont like bogus traffic every 2 minutes hitting the hub..

is it some kind of heartbeat or battery level? i cannot find any info on wht messages the stupid device supports or configuration parameters..

maybe make the timeout a parameter in the device.. 10 may seem kinda long for a doorbell. maybe 5.

i was looking at the data for button press number one...
anyway, if this doesn't work im going to need one of these to test with...

1 Like

They are like 5 bucks on ebay. Give me an address and i will send you one. Very useful when one of your houses is allways empty.

1 Like

Zdo traffic is not bogus, and it cant be turned off, you just normally dont see it being displayed in driver debug logging.

1 Like

Did the gix not make it into the build ... jusy got .124 and still.getting the button 2 is pushed messages.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell any update on this issue? I just updated my hubs to 2.3.3 and my automation to let me know doorbell 2 (back door) keeps going off. Was working great for years prior to this update.

1 Like

I think we found the issue with this, should be out in the next update.

6 Likes

Yes I converted that version rewrote the parsing and added debug trace logging and presence so I can detect a dead battery. Links to the other drivers gethub urls are in the code.

Wow. I was using v.1.0.0 (11/27/2019). I have just updated. Thanks.

still having same issue with the latest updat.

Thanks for posting this. Saved me time. Will wait and stay on 2.3.2 for now on my zigbee hub.

fixed it for me.. sure you are running the stock driver?

1 Like

i went in an made sure to re-select the stock driver again to be sure. Hope that will do it.

you can see below when my hub was hubdated and that is when the events stopped.

3 Likes

I can confirm 2.3.3.127 solved the problem. Thanks!

2 Likes

The update stopped the constant pinging of the 0000 0006 and is no longer showing up in the log.

this was supposedly fixed but reintroduced in a subsequent build

@mike.maxwell

ie