[RELEASE] Remote Wellness Check

*** BPTWorld apps are no longer being developed or maintained. Thanks ***

Introducing 'Remote Wellness Check'
Stay connected to your loved ones. Get notified if they haven't triggered a device in a specified time.

Features:

• Simple app to help check in and see if there has been activity
  • Activity can be contact sensors, motion sensors and/or switches
  • Run 'check' on demand or by a set schedule
  • Schedule options: Run every X minutes, only during set times, only on certain days and/or only when set to certain modes
  • Can also define how many minutes to go back and 'check' if there was activity
  • Get notified by Flashing lights, turning on a switch and/or pushover if no activity was found
  • Flashing lights requires 'The Flasher'
  • Parent/Child App structure
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using Bundle Manager.

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

8 Likes

Oh, now THIS is an interesting idea. Wow.

1 Like

What problem are you solving, Brian? I'm interested in how you envision its use.

I'm seeing it as a "Teenager Bed-Check" app, hhh.

My thought was elderly parents/relatives.

5 Likes

Yup! Not everyone can set up a home automation system in their parents' house, but if you can, even a minimal one with just a Hubitat and some motion sensors, this is a super interesting idea for making sure there is some activity going on.

3 Likes

I use it in a few ways...

• My parents live in an in-law apt above my garage. This is a simple way to know that they are OK even if I don't see them every day.
  • Due to my health issues, this is a great way for my wife to know that I'm OK while she's at work.
  • Make sure the kids are moving around in their bedrooms when it's time to get ready for school.
7 Likes

It's a good one. I know of users here who came looking for passive elder/disabled oversight.

This got me thinking... :wink:

Changed everything from hours to minutes. Works the same way but now has the ability to see if my kids are moving around getting ready for school! Thanks @rcjordan!

ie. run 'check' every 15 minutes, looking back for events over the last 10 minutes (bedroom motion and switch), only between 06:00 am to 06:50 am and Days: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thur,Fri

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V1.0.1 - 01/16/20 - Added more 'Check' options

3 Likes

This is why I recently got interested in home automation. I live alone and wanted to create some sort of activity monitor that will send an alert to friends & family if I go "unexpectedly offline" for a long period of time!

3 Likes

Same here. This app is a terrific idea!

2 Likes

New version on GitHub...

Child:
1.0.4 - 06/19/20 - added The Flasher

@bptworld Is this included in BPM? Or, did I miss it?

1 Like

Now included in Bundle Manager

1 Like