*** BPTWorld apps are no longer being developed or maintained. Thanks ***
Introducing 'Remote Wellness Check'
Stay connected to your loved ones. Get notified if they haven't triggered a device in a specified time.
- Simple app to help check in and see if there has been activity
- Activity can be contact sensors, motion sensors and/or switches
- Run 'check' on demand or by a set schedule
- Schedule options: Run every X minutes, only during set times, only on certain days and/or only when set to certain modes
- Can also define how many minutes to go back and 'check' if there was activity
- Get notified by Flashing lights, turning on a switch and/or pushover if no activity was found
- Flashing lights requires 'The Flasher'
- Parent/Child App structure
- Create as many child apps as needed
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using Bundle Manager.
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.
Oh, now THIS is an interesting idea. Wow.
What problem are you solving, Brian? I'm interested in how you envision its use.
I'm seeing it as a "Teenager Bed-Check" app, hhh.
My thought was elderly parents/relatives.
Yup! Not everyone can set up a home automation system in their parents' house, but if you can, even a minimal one with just a Hubitat and some motion sensors, this is a super interesting idea for making sure there is some activity going on.
I use it in a few ways...
- My parents live in an in-law apt above my garage. This is a simple way to know that they are OK even if I don't see them every day.
- Due to my health issues, this is a great way for my wife to know that I'm OK while she's at work.
- Make sure the kids are moving around in their bedrooms when it's time to get ready for school.
It's a good one. I know of users here who came looking for passive elder/disabled oversight.
This got me thinking...
Changed everything from hours to minutes. Works the same way but now has the ability to see if my kids are moving around getting ready for school! Thanks @rcjordan!
ie. run 'check' every 15 minutes, looking back for events over the last 10 minutes (bedroom motion and switch), only between 06:00 am to 06:50 am and Days: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thur,Fri
New version on GitHub...
V1.0.1 - 01/16/20 - Added more 'Check' options
This is why I recently got interested in home automation. I live alone and wanted to create some sort of activity monitor that will send an alert to friends & family if I go "unexpectedly offline" for a long period of time!
Same here. This app is a terrific idea!
New version on GitHub...
1.0.4 - 06/19/20 - added The Flasher
@bptworld Is this included in BPM? Or, did I miss it?
Now included in Bundle Manager