[Release] Reliable Locks

@jwetzel1492
I will. I uninstalled Reliable Locks earlier today because I couldn't get it to work. I will reinstall it over the weekend and post logs.

Thanks!

also if you can turn on the debug logging in the app settings before you run the test, that will make more informative logs.

UPDATE: The auto-refresh period is now configurable for each reliable lock instance. The only file you have to update is:

3 Likes

@jwetzel1492

So, when I reinstalled it, it works perfectly when controlled via Hubitat. I'm at work, so I can't tell you whether it updates when the lock is controlled manually. But I will later tonight.

Anyway, here are the logs for my BE469 (called Front Door BE469):

@jwetzel1492

Manual unlock/lock are also fine. Here are the logs:

When I import this driver I get

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Reliable Locks, namespace:joelwetzel, author:Joel Wetzel, ...]]

what am I doing wrong? I am pulling this directly from the git groovy file

Welcome to HE.

this is an app, probably you are trying to install the app in the driver code of HE. you can try to use the import button and pasting the raw address of the code from github.

Ahhh silly me - thank you

I got past trying to load it as a driver (silly me) but when I follow the instructions to wrap my lock I get

Error 404

Child app not found for namespace: joelwetzel and name: Reliable Locks Instance

The Page requested could not be found

Guess it's not my day to move from ST to HE

There are two apps you must install and one driver.

ReliableLocks.groovy and ReliableLocksInstance.groovy as Apps

ReliableLockVirtualDriver.groovy as the driver device.

Then add User App Reliable Locks and voila!

1 Like

Thank you - worked like a champ!

@jwetzel1492 I've been using this app since you first put it out and it has really helped a lot. I have two Yale locks. One Zigbee and one Z-Wave that both are about 70-80% reliable on responding the first time to a lock or unlock command even though both meshes are pretty strong. I am wondering if it would be possible to add an option to retry the lock/unlock command if it were unsuccessful the first time? A second try in these instances on either is almost 100% successful. I can modify parts of code sometimes when I need to but I'm not a programmer and I know nothing of Groovy. Thanks!

Yes, that's a great idea. I have something similar in related app I made: Lockdown. I can make it an option in this one too. Might take me a week or so to get to it.

1 Like

Thank you! I'll look forward to the update when you get time.

@jwetzel1492

What does this section do? What is the recommended setting? Also in the Wrapped lock section do you choose the physical lock, the virtual lock or both?

As far as I can tell, it is the wait time (in seconds) before it refreshes the physical lock. I've used the default 6 seconds for several months now.

The physical lock.

@aaiyar that's what I kind of thought but then got a little confused on the option to Auto refresh every 30 minutes

The 6 second refresh is done right after sending a command (lock/unlock) to the physical lock.

The 30 minute refresh is a periodic synchronization - in case the physical lock was manually operated, but it took a while for that change to be registered with the controller (Hubitat).

I think the 6 seconds is to refresh the lock 6 seconds after you use reliable lock to lock/unlock your door. The 30 mins is a regular refresh every 30 mins.

@aaiyar @Navat604
so let me ask this. If I have some rules set up to lock unlock the door should I use the physical device in the rule or the virtual device in the rule?