[Release] Reliable Locks

@zachdrewry What the repeater you go this one?

I tried the Reliable Locks app and didn't see a difference. My lock is only about 15 feet away from my hub (through a wall) I was looking at getting the repeater but didn't really think I would need it. But if you were having the same issue and this device fixed it.... it will be worth it.

basic261- Yes, that is the one. I have zero issues with front or back door Schlage locks after installing this.

Excellent. Mine comes Monday

Let us know if that solves it for you. Fingers crossed.

My experience so far is that z-wave locks only work properly if you have beaming z-wave plus repeaters near them. Even if they're close to the hub, that's not good enough. They need beaming repeaters in order to wake up and receive commands properly. (Generally, any z-wave plus device that is on mains power will be a beaming repeater: switches, plugs, etc...)

@zachdrewry @jwetzel1492. Of course my lock has worked fine all weekend without the z wave plus repeater. I'm still going to put the repeater in. Will keep ya posted

I have also have set up hourly refresh rules for the repeaters near the locks and the locks themselves.

@waynespringer79. How did you setup the hourly refresh rules

I originally had them all setup under one rule.....but to eliminate the possibility of too many commands simultaneously within one rule, I set up a rule for each one individually space out 2 minutes apart. refresh

@waynespringer79 I can't find the Trigger Events "Each of these hours"

@waynespringer79 Think I found it.

It's under "Perodic" and select hourly.

@waynespringer79 Ok I have the Refresh trigger setup for the lock but Can't find the Repeater.

Would someone mind posting their rule for one of their locks by chance using Reliable Locks?

I'm having an issue still with Reliable locks. I came home tonight to my front door being unlocked (not sure for how long and my logs don't go back far enough to see).

Here is my rule for my Front Door lock which is a Schlage Connect BE469.

I just added the repeat action on the actions for true this evening to combat the front door never locking. I'm wondering if for some reason if someone opens the door and closes it too quickly that the contact sensor isn't actually being registered correctly in Hubitat so the rule never triggers? One thing I noticed is that if say, someone manually unlocks the front door, and then goes out through the inside garage door and out the garage, Reliable lock doesn't recognize that the lock was manually unlocked. It believes the door is still locked so my rule above doesn't run and the door remains unlocked. I don't know if my son did this before he left, but I do notice from time to time that even when unlocking through a lock code, sometimes the door does not lock reliably after it's closed or remains closed.

Here is how the front door is setup through Reliable Lock.

I just turned on the auto refresh every 30 minutes. I'm curious if turning this on will ping my lock every 30 minutes for status and thus add a drain to the lock batteries? Is 6 second refresh too short or too long? What is everyone else using that is working reliably for them? Thinking out loud, Would it be possible for Reliable lock to refresh every say 5 seconds but refresh from the lock status in Hubitat rather then directly from the lock to save on the lock battery?

Regarding your statement: "One thing I noticed is that if say, someone manually unlocks the front door, and then goes out through the inside garage door and out the garage, Reliable lock doesn't recognize that the lock was manually unlocked. It believes the door is still locked so my rule above doesn't run and the door remains unlocked."

Please double-check that reliable lock isn't actually updating its status when you unlock the front door. That is possible, and would likely point to a z-wave issue.

HOWEVER, looking at your RM rule, I think the real problem is that you are triggering on the event of your front door closing. If someone unlocks the door, but never opens and closes it, your rule wouldn't trigger. It's not a reliable locks issue. You need a different trigger.

I verified that the lock status changes on the physical lock in Hubitat when manually unlocking, but because reliable lock doesn’t “poll” back to the lock, reliable lock still believes the lock is locked. It was just something I noticed and just wanted to point out. I was under the impression that when the lock status changed so would reliable lock.

I agree I need to update my auto lock rule to include a manual unlock. Oversight on my part. Still figuring this RM out! Lol!

Here's my lock and rule. I use condition instead of trigger and notify with push over instead of auto lock.

Ok that does sound like a bug. I’ll do some testing.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. Also with a BE469.

@aaiyar Yes, the Reliable Lock is supposed to update when the physical lock reports a status change. Can you post your logs from while doing this?