[Release] Raspberry Pi Stats

There we go !

1 Like

That was fast... Nicely done!

1 Like

I don't use sdcards for my pi's --- to hard on them so I used SSD drives and boot from them.

I just made that SSD image and resized it from the cli

convert /usr/share/rpimonitor/web/img/ssd.png -resize 64x64> /usr/share/rpimonitor/web/img/ssd.png

1 Like

I know I need to do that as well, but I keep putting it further and further down the to-do list. I do have backup SD cards just in case one craps out, but I also capture Amanda backups nightly should one of my RPis die.

SSD are worth every penny !! And so fast !!

1 Like

My rack servers all have SSDs for their boot drives and one of them has a 1TB SanDisk SSD in it solely for video processing. My other storage is all 15K SCSI drives that I really need to replace eventually.

My RPis only really do small tasks like pihole, holiday light shows, and MQTT brokering. But... I do have one that I could update to SSD tomorrow. I'll give it a shot!

1 Like

That's the spirit !!

What's the best way to upgrade card to ssd for rpi?

There is no "best way" at least I never found one. So what I did was use the PiDrive_Foundation_Edition PI 3B+ installer and installed it as a new system then just copied from the sdcard what I wanted on the new install.

1 Like

This installs everything to the USB/SSD drive. The sdcard is just a pointer then.

BTW the berryboot option sucks as it still uses the sdcard to boot and it seems to also block updating the kernel. The above installer does not do this and is run completely off the SSD drive.

3 Likes

Release Version 1.0.7

• Added attributes ipAddresses and nameservers and java code for future enhancements

NOTE Upgrading you will need to git pull in the /root/raspberrypi.monitor

cd /root/raspberrypi.monitor
git pull

The follow these instructions

2 Likes

The driver has been updated too 2.0.1

• Code re-write for json
  • Removed all ST code

Also adds a attribute "LastUpdate" to not confuse with LastRefresh since a refresh doesn't really mean it retrieved any data if the RPi is offline.

Added attribute "online" for use in RM.

Driver: http://sgrayban.borgnet.online:8081/raspberrypi.monitor/Raspberry-Pi-Stats.groovy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.