[RELEASE] Rachio Community (dashboard + hose timers)

Your intsall appears incomplete as you should have many more fields listed uner current states. What hardware model do you have? Have you run the irrigation system since install? I recommend double checking you followed the install steps correctly.

I'm using HPM to control it so not sure what happened, I just updated and repaired it via HPM to be sure and still no luck.

I'm using the Rachio 3, and I have verified it runs from my mobile app no issues.

Here is the error message when I click the dashboard link

{
"error": true,
"type": "java.lang.Exception",
"message": "An unexpected error occurred."
}

Have you done this part from the first post above?

Setup
Some users report that, after installing Rachio Community, they needed to use the Rachio mobile app (not Rachio Community) to trigger an automatic schedule to run for each zone. It was only then that Rachio pushed data to Rachio Community for populating and configuring each zone for them. Accordingly, if after installing you do not have but a few attributes showing on the device page of a zone, use the Rachio mobile app to trigger a schedule for that zone.

Ran it from the mobile app, and same issue. The zone is now fully filled out with all its variables, but the controller is still missing hardwareDesc (null) and the dashboard is a broken image icon. hardwareModel (null) did display for a little bit after the mobile app completed the run I triggered.

pinging the device shows me this

• DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus : online

• dashboard :

• hardwareDesc : null

• notificationMessage : Rachio Controller is connected to Hubitat

• DeviceWatch-Enroll : {"protocol":"cloud","scheme":"untracked"}

• hardwareModel : null

Please turn on debug logging and provide the log output after clicking Done from the Rachio Community App page.

Sent

@bryan.boyle had Rachio Gen 3 with 4 Zones.
v2.1.12 adds support for that model.

1 Like

FYI, I've ordered some Rachio Hose Timers and will start work on updating the integration as follows once those come in:
(1) full support for Rachio Hose Timers
(2) update the dashboard to allow the user to visually differentiate different schedules/programs, as requested by @greg.cole a (long) while ago.
(3) improve user control over logging as requsted by @jpage4500

Any other feature requests while I'm in development mode for this one?

4 Likes

I'm seeing the same errors as Bryan was. I looked in the debug logs and I think my model might need to be added as well:

model:GENERATION3_16ZONE_USI

Ok, I'll add support with that in the next version.

UPDATE: I have accomplished (1) and (3). Working on (2) now...Will release a beta version for testing once all 3 are done, likely within the next week.

Warning: this is a major update, will need beta testers before deployment

Does this update include the hose controller?

It will. Clarified progress above.

1 Like

I have a Rachio3 -4zone model. I'd be willing to beta test the new integration.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. How about manual configuration on how often to poll?

1 Like

As an update, I have coded all of the below features.

(1) full support for Rachio Hose Timers
(2) update the dashboard to allow the user to visually differentiate different schedules/programs, as requested by @greg.cole a (long) while ago.
(3) improve user control over logging as requsted by @jpage4500
(4) Manually configure polling interval

There are just a few issues to work through to handle the still incomplete data that Rachio provides via the API. For example, I am requesting Rachio provide more info via the API to indicate the current state of the hose timers. Otherwise I will have to deduce the current state (less ideal). Stay tuned....

1 Like

How do you install Hose Timer? I installed the app but don't see the timer coming over.
Thanks!

It's not released quite yet. Very close though. Expect I'll release it in beta this weekend. It's a major update, so will need beta testing first.

OK, Thanks! I'll beta test it then.

Are you wanting to poll more often or less often? There is a limit on the number of API calls per day, so if you're wanting to poll more often then there might be an issue with that.