[RELEASE] PC Controller - Send and receive commands to/from your windows PC (EventGhost)

which variable?

It was a bit of a stab in the dark. I have a local web service that I call and it can change port, so I need to read in a config file that includes the port before I start calling the service. If I haven't done that I see what may be similar errors.

Was mostly looking to try and prompt some ideas for you as to what it could be in your setup, more than a specific cause.

1 Like

sorry the problem resolve, my region problem. Thank you, sir,

Is EventGhost gone now? Can't seem to get to the website to download it :frowning:

It is still available on github.

Here's a safe-to-use link to mirrored download sites for EG RC6, which I use:

2 Likes

Tried to install the EventGhost hubitat plugin on Windows 11 and it throws errors...

Is it supported on Win11?

I just tried on my windows 10 pc and am receiving the same error

Id like info on one of the plugins "weather". The EventGhost web site is down. Does anyone know if its coming back.

Well, apparently the website is in shambles along with the dev being MIA.

The EG site has been down quite a while now, but earlier this week, I posted a working download link for the latest (RC6) version of their Windows app. Go HERE to get it.

1 Like

HE total newb here. I've always had EventGhost with webserver running. I successfully installed the plugin there with no errors. Then I used HPM to install PC Controller Device in the Drivers Code section and PC Controller in the Apps Code section. But the video about how to use it then shows Computers in the Apps section and the ability to Add Computer. I don't see that in my Apps section and since I'm new, I don't see anything in my Devices section. Why don't I have a way to Add Computer?

After adding the code, you'll need to "install" the app. From the apps page, click the button for "add user app" and select PC Controller from the list.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, Cheese! The UI isn't exactly the greatest for newbs. I got EventGhost sending and receiving with Hubitat. I'm still stuck a bit on passing parameters (in both directions). The video shows EG passing the VOL parameter to HE. I don't have a volume slider on that computer and I also don't know how that parameter automatically got passed to EG. And I've also tried to pass the %device% variable from HE to EG but can't get that to work.

Here's an action that I built with 2 variables:
2023-06-20 10 58 05

And here's the log of what happens when I run actions. Nothing appears in EventGhost:
2023-06-20 11 07 56

Where can I get more help on using variables like %device% (especially to and from EventGhost (even harder now that their website is down))?

Has someone here found a solution to this traceback error? I've been an EG user for over a decade but just starting with Hubitat. I've been on 0.4.1.r1722 for several years. Is RC6 required for the Hubitat plugin to work?

Hi all. Occasionally Eventghost icon on the right bottom of the screen turns yellow. That means that none of my automations are working. I tried to find out what does that yellow icon means because normally it is green. Everything works again after I close EventGhost and start it again.

I can't offer a solution yet, but sometimes soon I will try to transfer my EG setup from a Win 10 to Win 11 setup. Hopefully I can work it out.

I get the same errors on Windows 10 (with EG version 0.4.1.4.1722). I cannot figure out where to download version 0.5.0-rc6, or how to update python. Sorry I'm such a newb.

Please disregard. I found it here under Assets, and the errors have ceased.

https://github.com/EventGhost/EventGhost/releases

1 Like

@sburke781
I just updated today to platform 2.3.7.144 and subsequently found that I was getting these warnings every reconnect delay timing (had been set to 1s but looks like each call to the PC takes a couple seconds):

Obviously, the PC is turned off, but I wasn't getting these warnings before the upgrade. I don't even see any of the log warnings written in your code relating to this error. For now, I just set the time to a longer time so as to not flood the logs with errors. Not sure if anything can be done?

Thanks...