[RELEASE] PC Controller - Send and receive commands to/from your windows PC (EventGhost)

You're welcome.. Sounds awesome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Just saw this release and I am trying to wrap my head around it. Forgive my ignorance, but would this let me trigger actions on the Hubitat based on something like the webcam on my PC turning on (or off)?

Hi, I believe it will. as long as eventghost receives these events you would be able to send them to hubitat.
In EventGhost - make sure the checkbox at the bottom is unchecked and see if you get events when you turn it on/off

if not, look for a plugin:
https://www.google.com/search?q=eventghost+webcam

This is an awesome app!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Is it possible to get a notification if an EventGhost device isn't connected? I tried to set a trigger in Rule Machine for the custom attribute Connected, however RM isn't able to use that. The message RM gives me is "Not supported attribute type: BOOLEAN"

Thoughts?

Is it possible to use your app to copy a file into FileManager on the hub? Specifically a bin image like an svg or png?

Can i control spotify with this?

@gilshallem I've made a keystroke in EG. But why not working, can anyone show me how to make keystroke command in EG?

Was finally able to achieve a doorbell routine which plays an actual sound file and pops up a camera image on a screen without a recurring expense.

Thanks

1 Like

I noticed the driver either is or becomes quite chatty, at least in the number of logs recorded, when the PC loses network connectivity. Is this normal? Can the number of logs and potentially the frequency of the attempts to connect be reduced in any way when this happens?

Thanks,
Simon

1 Like

Oops, I think I broke your app, @gilshallem ... LOL

I was playing along with the setup procedure while watching the excellent YouTube tutorial you posted, and everything was going great. Got EG installed, the plugin imported, the User app downloaded and installed on the HE, etc. Was on the step where you configure your computer in the app, and then this happened.

COMPUTER SUCCESSFULLY CONFIGURED

CLICKED ON THE COMPUTER'S GEAR ICON

CLICKED 'GO TO APP' BUTTON

...and it was at this point that I noticed the new Computer device had lost both its name (null) and its IP address (empty), which means I have to redo those items. The "Home Computer" device also disappears from my Devices list.

Bug? Expected? I wasn't sure, so I'm filing this report, and will for now avoid clicking the Gear Icon lest it happen again.

Hope this feedback helps!! And, wow, keep up the excellent work!!!

• Libra

Last question for the time being... @gilshallem , I'm getting the following series of error messages in the EventGhost log every time my PC comes out of Sleep mode:
Exception in thread checkVersion:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 801, in _bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyc", line 754, in run
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Hubitat_init
.py", line 4325, in checkVersion
r =requests.get('https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gilshallem/Hubitat/main/ComputerController/EventGhostPlugin/version.json')
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\lib27\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 71, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\lib27\site-packages\requests\api.py", line 57, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\lib27\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 475, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\lib27\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 585, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\lib27\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 467, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='raw.githubusercontent.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /gilshallem/Hubitat/main/ComputerController/EventGhostPlugin/version.json (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x09CF0EB0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed',))

Is this normal/expected behavior as EG attempts to reconnect with PC Controller via the Hubitat plugin? Or something I need to resolve somehow?

THANKS for any guidance, and sorry to be a PITA.

• Libra

I do not know about this integration specifically. I however have used this port for years for event ghost without any issue.

I believe it is simpler than the one in this thread, but has served well for a long time.

1 Like

Comment out line 247:
// if (logEnable) log.debug "webSocketStatus- ${status}"

This will at least cut down on the debug entries. The warn level will still appear.

3 Likes

Challenge accepted! Will go do once back at home.

Sorry guys I'm traveling. I'll try to find time :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

No sweat. I'll probably fork your repo today and give you a PR.

1 Like

Ha...there's a "Reconnect Delay" preference for reconnect attempts. It's defaulted to 1 second.

hi.. any body can help me to solve this problem?

Event ghost problem

in another pc its work, but in this pc not work

1 Like

Without looking at it closely at there any variables that are not set, I e. After a reboot?