[RELEASE] PC Controller - Send and receive commands to/from your windows PC (EventGhost)

I didn't actually write this driver, @gilshallem produced this little gem. I'll see if I can take a look later today.

1 Like

Oops. I saw developer under your last reply and made an incorrect assumption. Thanks for tagging @gilshallem

Hi @es_ferret , I've taken a brief look at the code and my suspicion is tfw warning is coming from some internal functions in the HE platform, rather than being produced by the driver. Not that the HE platform is not working, just that maybe it is having trouble communicating with your PC. in terms of why this started happening, I am not sure.... It is likely something outside of this driver, but can't be sure why...

Well my computer was off, so it makes sense that it can't connect. I use it weekdays when working. It wasn't throwing these warnings before the platform upgrade, so I do think it's platform generated. If it's happening for me, it should be happening for anyone using this driver. I think it defaulted to 1 second reconnect intervals when the device was added. I can clearly change the interval, but that only spaces out the timing of the warnings (though I don't know what the reconnect interval does for the device driver to know if that's wise). Should I submit this as a bug report to the folks from HE that manage the platform updates?

Thanks!

Based on what you've described, at this stage, I don't expect it is a bug in the platform. If the PC was off and the driver tried to connect using the websocket interface, it makes perfect sense for it to report a warning that the host was unreachable. The question is more why the behaviour changed. It could be as simple as they added in a warning entry that would automatically get logged against the device.

Yeah, I raised this a few years ago further up in this thread and I think changing the value to something larger should be fine. But like you say, it only spaces them out. I expect what you will likely want to do is find a way to determine when the PC is off and somehow tell the PC controller device to stop trying to connect (not sure how exactly). You could try using an energy monitoring plug if you have one handy, to tell when the PC is on/off. What you could do with the PC Controller device, not sure..

1 Like

This is more of an EventGhost problem...I think.

I have downloaded and extracted the HubitatPlugin1.0.3.zip

It is extracted to the subfolder C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\Hubitat

However, when I try to add the plugin to EventGhost I just get the spinning cursor of death and the app locks.

Any ideas?
I'm sure I'm just doing something simple wrong.

1 Like

Do you see something like this?

I'm missing a couple...are they created, or should they be in the plugin zip?

Hmmmm... Not sure... Will probably need to take a look in another 18+ hours.... I certainly didn't do anything special in setting up the plugin folder...

Appreciate it! Thanks!

Update. Uninstalled EventGhost and reinstalled. It now at least lets me load and configure the HE plugin.

It still fails to actually run though. I'm trying to get some more cycles to run back through other posts that show...

You may need to run EG as an admin user or with admin privileges....

Thanks to all. The cure was simple once I saw the post above.

"download version 0.5.0-rc6,"

It is a bit tough to find ...but that fixed everything...now on to the fun part :wink:

1 Like

I marked the post with the softpedia link as the solution so it will show up in the first post.

1 Like

General FYI,

I replaced a (mirrored) data drive today and saw errors connecting in the log for the child device. Spamming the log and I think causing general HE issues.

I had to open up EG and re-add the HE plugin. Guess it lost track/attributes.

Odd because although I didn't "clone" the drive, I used robocopy with all the "sticky" attributes.