[RELEASE] Other Hub SmartThings Integration 2.0

I use Alexa with virtual momentary buttons all the time and they work great. It is how I control my Harmony hub since I set it up before they had a stable native integration and I am a believer in leaving stuff alone that works well.

OK, maybe something has changed since I tried, or maybe I’m just using an weird DTH for mine. I’ll have to try again—though I really hope Hubitat just gets improved Alexa support soon, anyway. :slight_smile:

I installed my hubitat a few hours ago. Only device is a Xiaomi original motion (a/k/a body) sensor using @veeceeoh 's driver. Motion shows in Hubitat. Went through the OH installation and didn't have any obvious errors. The ST app shows the OH-Xiaomi device and events are ACTIVE or INACTIVE in accordance with the actual device. So far, so good.

My problem is that no ST smartapp sees the OH-Xiaomi as an eligible motion detector. I don't think I have any useful logs since the device is seemingly functioning. Here is the device:

Did I miss something that declares the device to ST smartapps?

I was about to tell you that only the OH bridge should be using the Other Hub Device dth…and then I noticed that my Zwave motion detector was also using this DTH. My Iris motions all show as Other Hub Motion Sensors. I changed the Zwave dth to OH motion in Smartthings and it seems to work fine. Give it a shot.

Thanks, @stephack! I changed the ST DTH from Other Hub Device to Other Hub Motion Sensor and all is good. Just didn’t occur to me to specifically set the correct child. (Bad enough having to learn Hubitat, but now I have to re-learn ST stuff that I haven’t used in a couple of years.)

I just want to point out that the "Other Hub Bridge" was part of the original integration and that code should be deleted from SmartThings because it no longer works.

If you added the original code through the GitHub integration you should delete those devices and use the code in my Other Hub GitHub Repository.

If you installed all of those DTHs before installing the SmartApp and that device supports the Motion Sensor capability, it should have created it as an Other Hub Motion Sensor.

2 Likes

I just finally got a chance to install OH 2.0, and I had the same thing happen to me - my motion sensor got a "Other Hub Device" DTH assigned to it, and my temperature/humidity sensors got the Other Hub Motion Detector" DTH assigned to them. I followed the the install instructions given in post #1, in the order they are listed.

My fault for not reading through the entire thread first, but can I make a suggestion? Perhaps move "Installing the Child Device Type Handlers" section to the top of the instructions if those ST DTHs should be installed first?

Otherwise, this is fabulous, and as I'm using your Dome Alarm DTH and plan to see if your Simple Event Viewer App will work on Hubitat, I've sent my support!! Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

I created a virtual switch in Hubitat. I checked the box to add it to ST in the pusher app and it appears fine, ST shows it at OH Switch.

Problem is if I try to change the switch on the ST side, it sticks on ‘TURNING ON’ (or OFF) and does nothing on the Hubitat side. I can control it on Hubitat and it works fine.

I've moved the Driver part to the top of the instructions. Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you select "Switch" as one of the capabilities to use for Real-time integration?

Yes

I had a similar issue when I migrated from the first version of the integration; somehow (due to my error) on the ST side the virtual device was using the wrong version DTH for the OH-virtual switch. You should be able to verify what handler it is using by looking at the device in the IDE. It should show a February date in the code.

2.01 code, dated February. I never had installed the earlier version anyway. Just got the hub 2 days ago.

I got Hubitat recently and just added 1 device to start with. I used this solution and it worked without an issue between ST and Hubitat. However, Google home and Alexia didn’t pick them up initially. I opened the Google Home app and it seemed to update on it’s own. I assigned the device to a room, done. I opened the Alexia app and removed the old device listing then had it find new devices. Found it without a problem.
Thanks for the solution.

I opened the OH Device Viewer dashboard. If I click on the virtual device there, it tries to toggle the switch, but fails here also.

In the Hubitat Event Pusher App, Click the button for "Send Hubitat URL to SmartThings".

Did that, didn't help. Other devices work fine - lights, motion sensors, switches, etc.

Kevin,
Could you add DTH for a Garage door opener?
Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is causing my issue, but after installing OH in SmartThings, whenever I do add device, the log just keeps showing

trace addDevice evaluation: d: Hue 0AE670, selectedDevice: uuid:7f7f7e3d-0613-4a3c-85bb-909819245705::urn:Belkin:device:={ssdpUSN=uuid:7f7f7e3d-0613-4a3c-85bb-909819245705::urn:Belkin:device:, installed=false, networkAddress=C0A80020, ipFixed=false, ssdpNTS=null, mac=C44EAC17B473, deviceAddress=1F90, hub=adde5287-d5e4-4f81-b79f-bc5f77d6ff66, ssdpPath=/api/discovery.xml, ssdpTerm=urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:basic:1, stringCount=04, username=hubitatuser, verified=true, name=Hue 0AE670, devicetype=04}, dni: C44EAC17B473

I have not been able to pair new devices, specifically, a few Xiaomi devices. Any ideas on why I'm not able get them paired? They pair fine to Hubitat, but will not pair to SmartThings hub anymore.

Also, even after removing the viewer, the Hue Hub device, and anything else not ST related, every time I do device discovery in ST, it always finds, authenticates, and adds the Hue Hub again.

Have you been able to reproduce the problem with Virtual Switch in Hubitat not being able to be controlled in ST?