[RELEASE] Other Hub SmartThings Integration 2.0

Ideas for enhancements:

I am pulling in my weather station device from ST into Hubitat. It would be great if I could a some additional data. The ST DTH has these capabilities/attributes:

capability "Illuminance Measurement"
capability "Temperature Measurement"
capability "Relative Humidity Measurement"
capability "Sensor"
capability "Polling"

attribute "localSunrise", "string"
attribute "localSunset", "string"
attribute "city", "string"
attribute "timeZoneOffset", "string"
attribute "weather", "string"
attribute "wind", "string"
attribute "winddirection", "string"
attribute "wind_gust", "string"
attribute "winddirection_deg", "string"
attribute "windinfo", "string"
attribute "uv_index", "string"
attribute "water", "string"
attribute "weatherIcon", "string"
attribute "forecastIcon", "string"
attribute "feelsLike", "string"
attribute "percentPrecip", "string"
attribute "percentPrecipToday", "string"
attribute "percentPrecipLastHour", "string"
attribute "alert", "string"
attribute "alertKeys", "string"
attribute "sunriseDate", "string"
attribute "sunsetDate", "string"
attribute "dewpoint", "string"
attribute "wind_degrees", "string"
attribute "pressure", "string"
attribute "solarradiation", "string"
attribute "visibility", "string"
attribute "pressureTrend", "string"

Thanks.

All of those capabilities are already supported, but those attributes are custom so I can't easily add them into the App.

question. I upgraded to his version of OH and it works with the 7 devices I initially selected but it is not adding new devices when I add them in the Hubitat app. Is there something I need to do to add more devices?

Looks like it is trying to add them but they show Null. They are virtual switches as are the other 7 devices

Did you upgrade or did you delete everything and start over?

delete and start over. They stopped showing null after about 10 minutes and are working now thanks.

It would be great if we could get dimmer control

Make sure you updated all of the Other Hub DTHs because the latest Switch DTH allows you to control dimmers.

what DTH should i select for a virtual device on the Hubitat side? Virtual Dimmer?

Use Other Hub Switch, but make sure it is the updated device handler (should show February date in the comments). I somehow updated all the device handlers when I upgraded from the original to the 2.0 version but missed updating the switch; I wasn’t able to control my hubitat devices from ST and the tiles in Action Tiles and the ST app didn’t show a level control for my dimmable devices.

When I discovered that I had an old level ‘switch’ DTH and replaced it with the OtherHub 2.0 one, I found that the app and ActionTiles now showed dimmer controls. Works great!

The Hubitat devices are real so you shouldn't be changing any of their types.

@krlaframboise I just created a pull request for changes I made to your Hubitat app. I wanted the ability to have some devices be sent to SmartThings on a scheduled basis while others I wanted sent real-time (especially for push notifications). Your current version didn't support this so I tweaked the code to allow this.

I created separate pages for Scheduled and Real-time integration preferences where you can select the specific devices.

My tests of my code have been successful so please consider my pull request! Thank you again for your hard work on this integration!

1 Like

Sorry, but I don't accept pull requests. I forgot to include that disclaimer in the OtherHub2's ReadMe file, but it's there now.

Even if I did accept pull requests I wouldn't be able to accept your changes because they break the integration for all existing users.

Your release notes don't mention anything about that, but even if they did, users often update code without reading anything about the new version.

I would have implemented those changes in way that gives the user the choice to go into the settings and configure them, but the App would continue working if they don't.

That's why I don't accept pull requests and if someone wants a new feature they should ask me to add it.

Fair enough, was just hoping to save you a little time implementing this feature. Hopefully you can incorporate this into your existing code. I did have to uninstall the previous installation and set it up again but fortunately nothing changed on the ST side since those devices were already created.

Your changes were well written so if/when I implement those features I'll give you credit for any of your code I use.

1 Like

Keep forgetting that I need to toggle a newly created virtual switch on/off to make it “active” before saving it in the OH devices list. Found that if you remember, make it active and save it, you still need to go into the devices list in OH and re-save before it will show up in ST.

Don’t know if this is an issue that needs to be resolved in Hubitat (e.g. Virtual switches should be active as soon as saved) or is that normal behavior that’s not going to change.

If this has already been discussed and I missed that, I apologize. Otherwise, maybe that’s a note that should be added to the OH setup instructions?

We discussed this internally, and we will look at updating virtual device drivers to include a default event on install to “init” the device with a default state. Now, the great debate on what that state should be :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did all of these this morning, so no time to debate, lights are off, dimmers at 50% (if I recall), motion inactive doors unlocked, contacts closed, smoke and the like clear, lux at 50…
The initial values are irrelevant really, any app that creates them or uses them should be responsible for setting the initial state for the apps use case.

2 Likes

Why are you manually creating virtual devices in Hubitat for this integration?

You should be able to just select your Hubitat devices and it will automatically create virtual devices for them in SmartThings.

There’s no Hue integration yet :grin:
If I want the Centralite motion sensor I just added to turn on one of my Hue lights, I need it to activate a virtual device, the virtual device activates the OH device, the OH device activate a ST Smart Lighting rule that turns on the Hue light. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hopefully this will be unnecessary soon. Don’t want to move my Hue lights off the Hue bridge, because I have several Lutron Connected Bulb remotes paired with both and one Hue Dimmer that is customized. Neither dimmer type is supported by Hubitat.

1 Like

I use an Iris motion detector with Hubitat (they are made by Centralite); the integration automatically creates a virtual motion device in SmartThings. It can be used to trigger a SmartLighting rule. So you aren’t getting an automatically created OH-motion device for the Hubitat Centralite sensor in SmartThings?

2 Likes