[RELEASE] Orbit Bhyve+

This app is a continuation of the Orbit BHyve Integration which isn't being maintained anymore.

All I wanted to do initially is fix a few errors that were showing up regularly in the logs.

I use my Orbit Bhyve timer fairly often so if there's anything I can add to make it better I will. But, I do want to say that this app is really well written and all the credit goes to the original developer(s)

Installing

I submitted Orbit Bhyve+ to the Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) so I'd recommend anyone who wants it to look for it there.

NOTE: If you already have Orbit BHyve Integration installed you'll want to remove it first. I'm not sure you can have both of them installed at the same time (not tested anyway)

8 Likes

Mind linking to the github/source for those who manually add aps?

Great thanks! Has anyone else noticed really poor battery life? Not sure if it would primarily relate to the distance to the Wi-Fi hub or if it might have to do with polling frequency…but mine is terrible, like no more than a month.

hubitat-drivers/orbit-bhyve at master · jpage4500/hubitat-drivers · GitHub; there's 1 app and 2 drivers

I'll try to keep track next time I have to change batteries but I feel like mine lasts several months at least. It's probably been a few months since my last change and it's at 70 right now.

Yeah, maybe it has to do with the distance to the wifi hub.. I just added a 2nd timer which is pretty far from the wifi hub so I guess I'll find that out pretty fast.

Is anyone familiar with why this driver will auto re-connect to the websocket every 30 minutes? I imagine there was a reason this is there but ideally it'd just stay connected as long as it can. I think websockets have 'pings' which they use to make sure both sides are still active.

I think the frequency is user selectable in the controller app.

That refresh interval is something different.

There's separate logic in the driver which will disconnect every 30 minutes. I'm sure there was a reason for this so I don't want to mess with it w/out a lot of testing first.. just wondered if anyone knew what that reason was

def pingWebSocket() {
    if (now()-(30*60*1000) >= state.webSocketOpenTime) {
        logDebug "WebSocket has been open for 30 minutes, reconnecting"
        initialize()
        return
    }
    def pingMsg = [ event: "ping"]
    safeWSSend(pingMsg, false)
}

Hi, this weekend I purchased my first B-hyve Smart Hose Watering Timer with hub, will this app work with it?

Sure will. :ok_hand:

Well... I ran into this issue

I checked my user id and password and both are correct, tried a couple of times but no dice...

I just tried and it worked for me. http 401 usually is invalid credentials.

The login credentials you use should be the same ones you use in the mobile app (email + password). I noticed there's a web account page https://www.orbitonline.com/account/login that uses a different user/password

I have no issues with logging in. Note that the correct B-hyve web site is:
https://my.orbitbhyve.com/
This site uses the same login credentials as the app and Hubitat app.

Smallish thing, I'd suggest changing "Bhyve" to "B-hyve" for this Hubitat app.

3 Likes

I wasn't able to log into this one

But I had no problem logging into this one

And I just tried logging in with this app and I'm getting the same error. My user id and password are the same ones I use on my Android app as well as this one.

Sorry, what I meant was to check if he was using credentials for that site and not the app (or the web version you mentioned)

Hmm.. I don't know.. you could try installing the original Orbit Bhyve app using HPM to see if something changed but I didn't make many changes at all.

There might be a similar question/issue in that thread too

Testing the new app with our BHyve irrigation controller with 8 zones.

Quick question:

• Our zone names weren't set in the Byve app before connecting the app, but have since been set. I can see the zone names come across in the info logging, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sync the Hubitat device labels once they are created. Would they have come over if they were set at the time of initial sync?

I believe so, yes.. at least that's what I remember. You could always delete the app too which would remove the devices and re-add it. I've done that several times and haven't had any issues

1 Like

My non-expert guess is there is some sort of character encoding issue, maybe a special character in the password.

I uninstalled this one and tried the original one and the same problem persists.

There are several special characters in my password, but it is also 30 characters long. I'll test it further tomorrow by removing the special characters first while keeping it 30 long and if that doesn't work I cut back on the number of characters. Hopefully one or the other will help.