[RELEASE] One at a Time

*** BPTWorld apps are no longer being developed or maintained. Thanks ***

Introducing 'One at a Time'
Designed to allow only one switch, in a group of switches, to be on at a time.

Features:

• When one switch is turned on, the other switches in the group will turn off.

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using the Hubitat Package Manager.
(HPM is highly recommended)

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

4 Likes

Neat idea! I was using webCoRE pistons (before I started moving away from webCoRE) to do something similar, then I discovered Coba's "Switch Changeover" app, which does something similar but is limited to a hardcoded total of six switches (I think it was originally written to handle "season" switches, and it's not a problem for me at the moment because I'm only using it for location "mode" switches). This looks like a similar idea, except it supports an unlimited number of switches.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

New version on Github...

V1.1.1 - 12/30/18 - Updated to my new color theme.

Bryan, sorry to bug you again.

"Ability to Enable/Disable child app via a switch"

I don't see this option in the app. I am running version 2.0, fresh installed today. Is this supposed to be in the child app? All I have is an option to choose switches in a group. Screen capture below.

Summary

By the way, I used Hubitat Package Manager to install this, and it worked terrific. Thanks for being part of that.

That was removed from all of my apps when Hubitat added the ability to disable any app from the app menu. I've removed that line from the description.

Thanks

1 Like

So maybe because my caffeine hasn't kicked in yet, but are you saying there isn't a way to override this app? This app is just is on once you set it up? Or you can disable it like you can disable any app or driver by using the red :x: ?

Or are you saying there is a way to temporarily disable/override this app by using Rule Machine or something else?

So the use case would be I want to only have one bathroom light on at a time, except maybe during a morning shower or while applying makeup or something similar. I would use a button press or double tap of a switch to force the override.

Thanks for answering all my dumb questions. :grin:

You answered your own question

You could probably do this with some RM trickery. Never tried.

Last question about this, I promise. Is there a reason you removed this option? It seems like it would have been useful to have this override in this app. Did it just not work right, or did nobody use it?

Thanks again! :star:

Yup, same answer as before...

OK, thanks.

Off to Rule Machine to figure out if I can do this in there.

1 Like

This app dead? Or being ported to BM?

Didn't think anyone even used this one! :grinning: Didn't even have the code saved on my hub, lol

Complete rewrite (very simple app).

Now available in Bundle Manager.

1 Like

Thanks! Installed & tested. I'm playing with using virtual switches as pseudo-Modes (hat-tip Cobra).

1 Like

I didn’t even think of that. I’m currently trying to set up a complex series of non overlapping modes using mode manager but using switches like this might be an easier option.

I'm playing with 4 seasons modes. Winter now blocks starting irrigation on the dashboard.