[Release] Nyckelharpa, an HSM Extension

I too would love to see the logs that brought you to this conclusion. Snapshot can't control anything, it just displays the status.

Thanks

1 Like

Apparently the log files get purged on a daily basis so I’ll have to recreate this so I can capture this again. When I get some time I’ll do this and send them to you in PM.

Thanks

2 Likes

@arnb App installed and working. But I can't get the panic to work.

I have two CentraLite 3400 keypads. Both are now operating with the Centralitex device. Per the instructions I removed the keypads from HSM, and are in the Nyck global variables. When I type in my panic code of 0911 I get a Pushover notification, but no siren going off. If I test it normally, arming it and pulling apart a contact sensor, the siren does go off. I set 2 users, one for me with a regular code, and one user for the panic code. This is what it says when I saved it:

It still says SmartThings, so maybe it isn't working right?

Edit: Also, there is no ability to verify and save or go back. Maybe these are remnants from the ST app?

When the HSM system is disarmed, Nyckelharpa attempts arming HSM in Night mode, then opens the NCKL-Panic-Contact. When the HSM system is armed the intrusion should be almost instant.

I suspect that your HSM Night arming has an exit delay. This delays the arming by more than 10 seconds and the logic then gives up attempting to create the intrusion. Try removing any Night Exit delay, then retry.

I need to change the following:

• Allow a settings choice of panic arming with Night or Home
  • Expand documentation on how Panic works when the HSM system is disarmed, and inform that the selected mode must not use an exit delay.

Thank you for finding that, it will be fixed. It's working correctly.

The second page is the verify page. Tapping the triangle icon on the bottom left of the screen, bring it back to the entry screen. Have to change "Save" to "Done" leftover from SmartThings.

Regarding triggering Panic when the system is disarmed.
The best way may be to set a custom rule for the NCKL-Panic-Contact when it opens, triggering the various messages, lights and sirens. This way there is never a delay.

This will a documentation and probably a code adjustment.

I am wondering if there is an issue with the Centralitex device handler. It will not let me add or delete users/pin codes. If I change it back to the HE CentraLite keypad type, it does work, I can add a new user.

I removed the arm night delay, still no siren. The keypads do change from disarm to arm night upon 0911 code entry, and I get a Pushover notification, but no siren.

The app uses it's own Pin Code module that allows for multiple user pins, Nyckelharpa does not use or maintain the HE pin codes.

Intrusion alert rules are controlled by HSM. What siren are you referring to? The Centralite V2/V3 and UEI keypad devices do not have a built in hardware siren, however the provided keypad driver beeps 255 times when the siren command is issued for these devices. Iris V2 has a 60 DB siren, Iris V3 85DB siren.

I uninstalled Nyckelharpa and started over. Now it won't recognize my regular pin to arm or disarm the system.

I have the CentraLite v2, using the Nyck Centralitex DH.

@arnb, when I used the original HE CentraLite DH, I can go to the individual device page and arm and disarm from there, not just the HSM app. With the Centralitex, I cannot do that, on the device page. Is that by design, so that it can only be done with the Nyck app?

The user provided device handler does not support the HE commands associated with Capabity Keypad.

Create Nyckelharpa User pins

Created this user. Pressed the armed stay and then 1231 on my keypad. Keypad lights up but stays green and doesn't arm. Keypad is not in HSM, just in Nyckelharpa. It was working for me last night but I cannot get it set up again today.

Check logs for any errors.
Turn on valid and invalid pin logging and see what you get

[app:894] (http://192.168.99.139/logs#app894) 2019-05-18 04:49:24.874 pm
errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method close() on null object on line 1812 (keypadCodeHandler)

It appears to be missing the NCKL-Panic Contact device. Try saving the global Settings, then try again.

[Major Update] May 19, 2019 10:10AM EDT

Enhancements and Changes

1. Improve Panic reliability by changing it to use an HSM Custom Rule allowing for Panic alerts no matter how the HSM app is armed or setup. Eliminated need for, and use of the virtual panic contact sensor

2. Completed support for UEI keypad.

3. Corrected references to Smartthings and other textual issues

I urge everyone to stay up to date, please update your system,

How to Install
There is one (5) modules associated with this update. All modules are updated.

Apps Code

1. Nyckelharpa
  2. Nyckelharpa Modefix
  3. Nyckelharpa Talker
  4. Nyclelharpa User

Drivers Code
Centralite-Keypad

How to Convert from original version

1. Update all modules

2. For each device using the user provided Centralite Keypad driver
    review the settings, especially the Panic setting, then update the device's settings. (Important!)

3. Review the Global Settings then save (Important!)

4. Remove the NCKL-Panic Contact from use in HSM, then delete the device, or you may delete the device first which should auto remove it from wherever it's specified

5. Create the HSM Custom PANIC rule as explained in README.md Documentation Section 12

Documentation
Updated and added How to create HSM Custom rule and uninstall sections

Thanks for the update, when reviewing global settings, it shows this, but you said to eliminate the contact from HE and HSM, correct?

Yes, it may be deleted from Devices, it is not automatically deleted and is no longer required

Verify you are running with Nyckelharpa V0.1.8, it no longer creates the NCKL-Panic Contact

1 Like

Stumbled across your app searching for info on the UEI keypad - this works perfectly. Still working on tweaking my system, but so far so good. Thank you!!!

Do you know if it's possible to use the UEI keypad to arm a mode without entering a code first?

Thank you for letting me know.

AFAIK only the Iris V2 and Iris V3 allow instant arming.

1 Like

[Update] May 24, 2019 12.01PM EDT

Enhancements and Changes

1. When Nyckelharpa button is clicked/tapped on APPs page, verifies the version of active Nyckelharpa modules and keypad driver if used. Thanks to @Cobra for the idea and base code

2. Change text: incorporate Hubitat PhoneApp as a notification device.

3. Fixed Arming Canceled and Arming Forced messages: were not being sent to notification devices

I urge everyone to stay up to date, please update your system,

How to Install
There are three (3) modules associated with this update.

Apps Code

1. Nyckelharpa V0.2.0
  2. Nyckelharpa Talker V0.0.8
  3. Centralitex Keypad V0.2.0

Documentation

• Added message destinations
  • Added Known Issues section
2 Likes