[Release] Nyckelharpa, an HSM Extension

First screen opening Nyckelharpa app

Clicking next, next page is fine.

Thank you

My apologies, forgot to update the Centraliex Keypad and include that in the update.

Please update the Centralitex Keypad driver, it's updated in Github

1 Like

Yep, that did the trick, thanks!

1 Like

Two questions...

1. Anybody with a 3400-G not getting entry delay tones anymore, or the keypad acting funny? This happened within the last 6 weeks, after an update (I just haven't tried fixing it yet). I did try using the native Centralite driver from HE, but that didn't make a difference.

2. I tried to uninstall/reinstall everything from Nyckelharpa, but how do you get Nyckelharpa loaded? I deleted and readded the app code again from Github, but it isn't showing up in the Apps section under Nyckelharpa, or as a user-app.

Thanks in advance...

Edit: I mean Nyckelharpa USER, not the main app.

Running OK here

I'm sure you know this, but have you tried holding the 2 key to raise the volume. Hold 5 key to lower volume.

I get tones when the door opens (so it's not a volume issue), but not the "entry delay" tones when the system is armed.

There is something wrong with the driver or hubitat. If I don't pair the keypad it will beep on every keypress. The beeping was working perfect for mine(3405-L w/ latest firmware) up till about Hubitat 2.06, after that people reported the "not beeping" issue many times.
I have it working on smartthings, but need it on hubitat.

@mike.maxwell knows about the issue and reported a fix is on the list, but @anon61068208 stated that himself & Mike could not figure it out.

In experimenting I have found the keypad needs time, if you try to rapidly unpair/reset/pair it does not respond properly, it needs some downtime. Not sure what's going on, possibly caps in circuit need to drain down before device can fully reset.

@mike.maxwell found a fix ? That's the first I heard about it.

excuse my english. I meant he stated it was on his issue list to be fixed

It's on mine as well but it's not a priority right now. The basic functions work so beeping is a luxury for it.

Did you ever get a chance to check into this "extension"? Sounds like a good add on just in case you need to bypass a sensor... Whats your thoughts?

I did not. I don't have that large a house, so checking for open windows is easy. Couldn't justify the overhead of another app on the hub.

...as you can tell, home automation is new to me and I surely don't know the capabilities of the hub. I installed a couple pretty large apps from github (echo speaks, DarkSky), along with some of the onboard apps for lighting and HSM, and have created ~20 RM rules so far. Everything seems to be working good.

I didn't even think about demands on the hub itself. Is there anything I need to be aware of about too many apps/devices/rules? ...and is there anything I can do to stay ahead of the power curve or at least know when I'm over-taxing the hub?

Well, the dark-sky driver is quite large but it is not very resource heavy since it doesn't really interact with anything but itself. Echo speaks isn't one that I personally use (I'm a Google Home guy) but others have reported it having a possible link to possible hub slowdowns. But i can't speak to how accurate that is.

There really isn't any need to be worried about it at this point for you but just being aware that some users are having issues is important. As you begin to expand your hub with new automations just be mindful about it and don't add complexity where it isn't necessary. That's all.

I'm not sure what your position is with Hubitat, but I can't thank you enough for taking the time to respond. It sure makes things a lot easier for us newbies!

Just a user like you. :slight_smile: And you are most welcome.

Finally got around to trying to figure my system out.

I believe the reason I am not getting Entry Delay tones is because the system isn't recognizing when I open a door from an Armed state. When the system is Disarmed, I do get notification and beeps from Nyckelharpa that a door or Window has been opened. But when the system is Armed, whenever I open a door or window, the system stays armed and never detects an intrusion.

In HSM, the only "contacts" I have in there are the NYKL-xxx contacts. I even tried removing the app and NYKL-devices, rebooting the hub, and then re-configuring everything from scratch.

Just not sure where to go or look from here...

Update: I removed all the Nyckelharpa stuff, and reconfigured HSM. That didn't work.

Then I removed HSM, rebooted the hub, added HSM back and reconfigured HSM by itself. I was able to add a code to the keypad, arm the system, and everything seemed to work this time.

So then I added Nyckelharpa back, configured as expected, armed the system, and tested. It never registered a door open, so the system never disarmed or went into Intrusion mode.

So not sure if Nyckelharpa is the issue, but I seem to only have the issue when that is installed. I will do some more testing today.

Edit: I might also mention that when using Nyckelharpa I have to use the CentraliteX driver for my keypad provided by @arnb, but when I am just using HSM I have to use the built-in Centralite driver.

Please verify the NYKL-contact device name(s) is specified in all HSM's "Intrusion-mode", Contact Sensor settings. In my case they are
"Intrusion-Away"
"Intrusion-Home"
"Intrusion-Night"
example:image

Also here is a sample from my Arming/Disarming/Cancel options

Using the CentraliteX driver with Nyckelharpa is required

1 Like

Hello, I've been using your HSM extension for the last months with no issues, thank you very much for your great work, but from the first day my log is full of error messages like this:

2019-12-02 13:21:46.646 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_arnbme_Nyckelharpa_Talker_146.timeOfDayIsBetween() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Date, sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [22:55, 09:00, Mon Dec 02 13:21:46 CET 2019, sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="Europe/Madrid",offset=3600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,transitions=163,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=Europe/Madrid,offset=3600000,dstSavings=3600000,useDaylight=true,startYear=0,startMode=2,startMonth=2,startDay=-1,startDayOfWeek=1,startTime=3600000,startTimeMode=2,endMode=2,endMonth=9,endDay=-1,endDayOfWeek=1,endTime=3600000,endTimeMode=2]]] on line 284 (TalkerHandler)

Any idea what the problem could be?