[RELEASE] Multi-Place - Powered by Google Traffic

struggling with the google api,

is this right?

This app uses the Directions API and the Geocode API. Looks like you need to check the Directions API

1 Like

this is clicking them to restrict the key isn't it?

you mean like that

No, I can understand why you would think that, but you need to select the ones you want the key to work with. Leave others unchecked.

@JustinL, love this app tyvm!

I have an admittedly brazen request. Any chance you’d add SleepIQ as an alternative to Withings for the sleep logic? While I’m not a developer, I’d be happy to actively beta test.

1 Like

I can certainly look into it. It will be easy to as far as bed presence. The sleep score might take more work depending on what the attributes mean. Is there somewhere that describes the sleep score and score 'message' values?

SleepNumber uses an overall metric called SleepIQ Score. I would assume it is analogous to Withings, but you know what they say about assumptions. The scoring methodology is explained here. Separate from the score, they also track time-in-bed, restful vs. restless time, bed exits, etc. Not sure exactly what data you need to extend Multi-Place?

@rvrolyk maintains the SleepNumber community integration, so I'll copy him here--I imagine he knows more. And I'm still happy to do whatever legwork you need! TIA.

I think the main thing is this:
We consider scores between 60-85 (green) to be pretty great. Scores over 85 (navy blue) are extraordinary. Anything under 60 (yellow) might mean your sleep needs a little attention.

What's the exact terms that they assign to green, navy blue, and yellow? Withings uses "Restful", "Average", and "Restless" as their qualitative sleep quality. I'm sure it's different for Sleep IQ.

And are those terms what goes under the 'sleep message' attribute in the driver? Need to fill in this:
86+ score attribute (navy blue) = "extraordinary" sleep message attribute?
60-85 score attribute (green) = "pretty great" sleep message attribute?
Below 60 score attribute (yellow) = 'needs attention" sleep message attribute?

The sleepScore attribute is the numeric value.

The sleepMessage is something SleepNumber creates and I'm not sure what adjectives they use. For example, my score last night was 78 and it says You had a GOOD nights sleep

How do you use this data? Depending on what the goal is I could see either using the numeric value only (and mapping that to your own string values so it's the same no matter the sleep sensor) or maybe trying to use the message and extracting the adjective from that.

I've got a first draft of this coded. Will check over the next day or so to make sure that it doesn't break the existing functionality. In the meantime, do you have either the hexadecimal colors that sleep number uses, or a screen shot of the different colors? I figure it would be nice to see the same colors that you're used to.

green = hexadecimal?
navy blue = hexadecimal?
yellow = hexadecimal?

Yeah probably true. @rvrolyk, can you opine on the color schemes, even if it’s only very roughly parallel.?

I don' t really use that feature but based on digging at a few historical data points (and sampling the screen in photoshop) I think the colors are:

• green = 65d6a2
  • blue = 56baf8
  • yellow = f8d86b
1 Like

I've put a beta version of Multi-Place with sleep number bed support here. Can you test to see how that works since I don't have a sleep number bed?

Justin, sorry for the slow response—for some reason I didn’t get notified of your message as I normally do. Anyway yep I’ll definitely test and revert.

@JustinL Just received an email from Google that my trial period ends and I have to upgrade to a paid Google cloud platform. Does anyone know if there are free credits each month even after the upgrade? Does Google change anything in this regard? Haven't used a lot of my credits but am a bit confused about that. My understanding was to get this service free as long as I don't get over a certain number of requests.

Yes $200 free credits

Thanks @JustinL

@JustinL, I’ve been playing with Multi-Place and keep running into 2 things that have me stumped.

1. The tracker tile shows what I presume to be a sleeping logo but the bed is unoccupied.
  2. I keep getting log warnings to make sure I have defined places in Life360. But I do. At least afaik.

Also a couple questions:

• what triggers traffic notices? I have yet to receive one, so I’m thinking I didn’t set it up properly.
  • do the badges only happen when there is >1 person defined? I’ve only been testing with one person (me) but I haven’t seen anything on sleep quality so I can’t test the Sleepnumber functionality you built.

TIA….

Happy to help figure that out. Will need to turn on debug logging and send me the log.

There's two places to check. One is in on the Trip page under the Configure Departure Automation section, specifying what to do when there is "bad" traffic.
The other place to check is the Tracker Settings page where you can define what "bad" traffic means to you.

Yup, can't compete with yourself haha!