[RELEASE] Multi Attribute Monitor (Tile Builder Module)

Thanks, that is a big help. I just created a new tile with a couple of items in my testing last night so i didnt hit the threshold.

I'll take another look at it.

Both fixed and improved with the Event Timeout counter described above.

1 Like

I'm having trouble displaying a tile when I add more than 2 thresholds for comparing battery levels. I am building a tile to display battery levels for 10 devices. I'd like the colors to be Green for 100%, light green below 99% , orange below 70%, and red below 50%. The tile displays correctly on the local dashboard, but will not display on the cloud dashboard. When the cloud dashboard is used, the tile data is blank. If I use only 2 thresholds, the tile will display correctly on both the local and cloud dashboard. If I set 3 or more thresholds, the tile is blank on the cloud dash, but visible local dash.

edit: Additionally, very repeatable, if I add a Title to the tile, the tile displays blank on the cloud dashboard.

Here is what I created:

My ranges are different but they work as expected. The important thing to note is that each threshold you add has higher priority then the prior ones.

Notice my tile is 1056 bytes so this is sent to a file on the hub and is displayed on the Dash via an iFrame. In this exampled I used a merged header vs a Title to save space.

If I add a Title it shows like this.

With 10 batteries my guess is your tile is being saved to your File Manager. Have a look there and see if you can find it.

Format is TB = Tile Builder
SD? = Storage Device Number (Probably 1)
_XYZ = Where XYZ is the tile number you allocated.

Open up that file and see how it looks. Also check your log for any errors.

1 Like

The tile shows correctly in the File Manager. It also shows correctly when using the local web or hubitat app, with all the correct thresholds and colors. However, when the cloud dashboard is used, the tile is not visible if I add more than 1 threshold. Also, I built a similar battery tile with only 2 thresholds, and it works both locally and on the cloud dashboards. But when I add a Header to the working tile, it will not display on the cloud dashboards. very repeatable, I can drop the thresholds to 1 and it will display, and add a few thresholds and it won't display on the cloud dashboard.

In the image below, 2 similar tiles for batteries. the tile on the left has 2 thresholds (<60 and < 40) and the tile on the right that is blank has an added threshold and not displaying.

The logs show a lot of these entries
getNumberType: myVal: B28 cannot be converted to integer
myVal: B28 cannot be converted to float

What you are running into is the 1,024 byte limit for Dashboards to directly display info.
When you generate a Tile the code looks at the size. If it's under 1,024 then it is stored in the HE database and will be visible from the app anywhere.

When you generate a tile > 1,024 bytes it is stored on the File System of the hub. This is available locally but it's not available via the web. Instead you get a space where the tile would be.

So, if you want to see your tiles via the web you must keep them under 1,024 bytes. The next rev of Attribute Monitor will adopt some of the optimizations from Multi-Attribute Monitor and give you an extra 100-200 bytes per tile in most cases which should help.

Notice when you are creating a tile it shows the size and what features are turned on. This is all to assist you in keeping it under 1,024.

You have the Advanced version so consider this. Your tile shows 10 battery devices. Do you really need to see those that are at 100%?

You have options.

1. You can limit the list to 5 devices and sort the result lowest number first.
  2. You can add a filter and say only show those batteries less than 60% for example.

Both of these strategies will keep the size under 1,024.

With a limited result set you can also use a graphical option to display battery levels if you so desire.
Note the minimal formatting to save space.

You can find instructions on how to do this in the help manual which is linked in the app and the original thread.

I'll reduce the number of log messages in the next version, but they don't indicate a problem.

Got it working

1 Like

Nice. Are you monitoring you car batteries? Jeep, Benz?

That would be a nice idea, but these batteries are on the garage door sensors

2 Likes

I'm consolidating this thread with the main Tile Builder Thread which can be found here.

Please direct any issues or questions pertaining to Multi-Attribute Monitor to the above thread.

Hi Gary,
I wanted to try your TB app and pay for the advanced version. I do not use Paypal, do how else can I send a payment to you?

Also I cannot use HPM. I will not install on my C7 hub. So how to install via github?

Thanks Jack

Hi, you don't need to have a Paypal account to make donation, it takes a Credit Card. But try it out first of all to make sure that you like it and it meets your needs.

You can find the files for TB at this url.

At a minimum you need to install Tile Builder Parent as an app and Tile Builder Storage Driver as a device driver in the normal way. Then you have to install whichever of the child modules you need as apps.

Once you have done that this doc will lead you through the install and setup process.

Good Luck.

Thank you Gary,
I got HPM working and installed the TB full monty.
I will gladly pay to you (via CC). Looks like a great app.

One question for you: Each time I create a new tile, I must 1st create a storage slot first?

1 Like

Each instance of TB sets up a storage device. That storage device can hold up to 25 tiles.
Once you use up those 25 you can add a second instance of TB using a separate storage device and get another 25.

I found an issue with MAM function.

I have a dashboard with 6 tiles. 3 of them deal with motions, the other are contacts. The motions do not work right, They are too slow reporting active, I think the devices trip and reset before the tiles report.

I have an old school dashboard that have all security devices. Just over 30 on this dashboard. The motions all are instant.

In the TB device page, the 6 tiles are shown, and there the motions are fast. But after I make a dashboard, that's where they stop. I even set these tiles to 1000ms response.

Strange they work fine in the device page, but dashboard is a no go.

Read here the explanation of the event timeout.

For instant response set it to 0.

If you are still having issues be sure to check the event log.

Let me clarify the issue now that I spent more time testing.
The PIR's all actually working fine. It is only my presence sensers that are weird,

Watching them from the device manager page, they are also working fine.
I built a Multi Attitude Monitor tile for them and it is within the Dashboard that the tile does not work. While at the same time working fine on the devices page view.

I will make a new tile using the Attribute Monitor and see if that changes anything.

So there it is. The Attribute Monitor Tile works fine.
It is the Multi one not working.

This thread has been closed. You can find all information on Tile Builder at this location: