This driver is designed to work with mitsubishi_heatpump_mqtt_esp8266_esp32 from SwiCago's HeatPump.cpp library. The library runs on an ESP8266 or ESP32 microcontroller connected to the heatpump via connector CN105 (just like the official Kumo Cloud device). For more information about wiring up an ESP8266 / ESP32 to your heat pump, check the links above. (I have a blog post I'll finish soon...)
- Full local control of heatpumps -- bidirectional updates in seconds
- Supports both authenticated and anonymous MQTT connections
- Supports the Hubitat / Google Home integration so you can view and control the heatpumps with Home / Nest devices
- Can detect when the heatpumps are actively heating/cooling and update Hubitat Dashboard
- Reports room temperature back from the heatpump for use in automations
- Supports all heatpump modes and fan speeds (dry mode, quiet fan, etc.)
- A Mitsubishi heat pump with a CN105 connector (MSZ models and more, see wiki for full list)
- An ESP8266 / ESP32 microcontroller (I used Lolin S2 Mini which costs about $4) running mitsubishi_heatpump_mqtt_esp8266_esp32
- An MQTT broker running on your network. I use
mosquittoon a Raspberry Pi.
Kumo Cloud units are very expensive (~$200 USD each) and you need one for each heat pump. ESP32 microcontrollers cost under $5 and can run completely locally so the units can be controlled even without Internet.
I am happy to look at bug reports or pull requests on GitHub or here in the forums! I actively use this driver in my home so it will be supported into the future.