[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

Same issue here. On HE version 2.3.4.117 and just seeing similar logs as the below over and over again. Most 8 of 10 controllers are non-responsive showing this error set.

For this particular device, I disabled it from the Device page, cleared all states and pending jobs, set it back to this driver, then hit Save Preferences. Just getting this cycle over and over again.

I've had these devices setup for a while. They do work using the Magic Home app.

Hello...I just wanted to mention (in case someone arrived here via a search engine) that your [RGB + WW/CW (CCT)] driver can also be used to connect to LED ceiling lights such as the one below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09W4KNRP5/

This device is not available in the Magic Home app, but in the Magic Home Pro app (whatever the heck that means). So far everything works.

On the flip side, I have dozens of these bulbs here in the 'regular' Magic Home app and they don't work with any of the available drivers (I don't think these are with legacy <3.0 firmware).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088LLCDPN

Oh well! Hope this helps someone searching for this stuff like I was.

Brand new to Hubitat so figuring out how to go about installing a driver was a task. that's how green I am. Driver is installed and it looks like the (single color) dimmer is in the devices. When I choose it, nothing happens with he device. I figure it's something in the installation or some button I'be not clicked. I did restart the hub after the installations.
Thanks in advance.

So, you:

1. Installed the driver and see it in the drivers code section?
  2. You created a virtual device?

3. Then set the right IP address for the controller?

Thank you Mr. Cheese. I would never have discovered the server under user all the way at bottom without your help.

1 Like

Any ios users? I tried to authorize the connected dimmer in HomeKit and it comes up as an incompatible device. Any solution?

Hi everyone.
This looks great, but some of the original links to Amazon are broken.
Can someone recommend an RGB 4-pin controller make and model? There are so many to choose from on Amazon, and hardly any of them have instructions on what they support.
I would preferably want one that also includes a remote control.
I am in the UK.
Thanks!

I have several of these; just not sure of UK availability though:

Thanks @FriedCheese2006.
I just bought one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MRGWV6N which looked very similar, and so far it's working fine.

1 Like

I recently switched from ST to Hubitat and now I'm trying to get my LED strip light to work. I have a RGBW strip and I have installed both the Magic Home Driver and Device. Everything is setup, but I cannot change the LED colors. The only thing I can do is turn them on and off.

Whenever I try and set the color, I get this error message.
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (method setColor)

If I try to set the Hue, Level, or Saturation, I get a similar error.
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (method setHue)
ava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (method setLevel)
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (method setSaturation)

Any way to get the colors to change?

Will these pixels controller work with this driver? I have 9 of them.
Amazon.com: DARKPROOF LED Pixel Light WiFi Bluetooth IR Remote Combine Controller for WS2812B WS2811 SK6812 Addressable RGBIC Music Sync App Control Box Programable Strip Rope Matrix Lights (3) : Tools & Home Improvement

Thanks,
Darkproof LED pixel WiFi with Bluetooth controller

No. Although I have a WIP driver for them. I'm still going to be gone for a while and wouldn't anticipate a public release until late 2023 at the earliest.

Thank you Adam. Great work for us guys!
Later then

In the meantime, you can use the Smart Plug driver in the first post to at least control power. :pray:

Thanks again Adam! I use Lutron Casetta switches to control most everything.
Have a few Zigbee switch repeaters to assist a zigbee 4 relay board. Those would work too.
But my 9 SPI controllers (control hundreds of feet of fairy pixel LEDs) with Magic Home.
I use 24VDC supplies with 5VDC buck converters over 14 Ga. landscape wire to power the 9 SPI pixel controllers since some are 100' plus feet from the 24Vdc supply. Works well. Just would be nice to be able to control with my dashboard vs the phone. I don't like the scheduler on Magic Home app.

1 Like

Hey Adam

Code worked perfect for years after the last couple of Hubitat updates getting long delays or only half of lights coming on very strange ? and same for turning lights off ?

I haven’t had time to check into them lately. Last I saw, they worked as normal though.

Hi guys - my 10 magichome wifi led light strips are flooding my logs with the same three lines of text, ever since I upgraded from a C5 to a C8 model this month.

Tried to connect too soon. Skipping this round.
58899 >= 30000. First run: false
Proper time has passed, or it is the device's first run.

This is putting my new C8 hub into a "severe" state:

Is there a way to figure out what or why this is happening? How can I fix this?

Is the device not connecting? It appears that it's not communicating with the device properly.

I need to get back in and update these drivers regardless.

I had this happen a few times with the C8. Best I can figure is that one device gets into a bind and there's a cascading effect that breaks the others. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or something with the network stack on the hub or some combination thereof. The best way I found to recover was to disable all of them from the device page and re-enable them one at a time, making sure the device is up and running before moving onto the next one.