[Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)

(On/off work with the magic home smart plug driver), so you could always just use that for the time being

1 Like

Alright, I'm OK being a guinee pig. I can supply logs and antadotal feed back.

Once these are ready, they'll replace the kitchen accent strip. I'm going to take the old single color kitchen strip and controller and run it around the inside of my wife's bedside reading lamp. The hue warm white and linen lamp shades aren't bright enough on their own. A circle of LEDs around the top, bottem and a connecting strip up the back aught to up the lumens a Little.

1 Like

I have the controller and a strip of lights. (this is a basic electrical question I think) The controller only says 12 volts 5.5mm. The lights say 12 volts maximum 90 watts. I see power adapters around 7.5 amps and up that provide 90+ watts. It seems a no brainer but I've assumed wrong in the past. There are two types of Connectors, 5.5/2.5 and 5.5/1.7, I think the 5.5/2.5 Connector is right??? I don't want to under power the lights and I've a small but growing drawer of wrong parts. Do you have any advice for what power adapter I should try?

This is the controller I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYNMSWS/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1MYM04AB1SA5T 6

I know I'm asking a lot, if you're not sure either I totally understand.

I think I can help :slight_smile:

90w/12v = 7.5A

My power supplies are all 5.5mm OD/2.5mm ID.

If you run more than one strip, you'll need to run a wire from your source voltage to every 5 meters to maintain voltage --- these lights tend to drop voltage if you've got 5+ meters.

I'd recommend a higher amperage power supply than you think you'll need, I use 12v 10A for all of my runs.

1 Like

Watts divided by volts equals amps. Sounds like something I could of looked up. Time to invest in some entry level electrical books. Thank you Adam.

M.

1 Like

Hi did you got any Tuya/SmartLife divice working localy at hubitat?
thanks

Does anyone know if this driver works for Novostella bulbs? Specifically, the UT55508-RGBCW-EU-3? I found a good deal on those on my local seconds website, but I don't want to pick them up unless I'm sure they'll work.

Sort of. I basically traced down how the on/off packets are encrypted, and created a method/driver to capture them and repeat those commands.

No. Those use the Tuya API, and getting local support easily doesn't seem to be in the cards. Your options are to either flash their firmware, or get really technical and trace packets/get your encryption certificate. At that point, you'll save time and headaches by just buying Inovelli, Sengled, or MagicHome bulbs.

1 Like

Thanks dude :wink:

i dont get it. Where is the driver ??? In the virual device list there is no magic home.

User added drivers are all at the bottom of the list and not in alphabetical order with the built in drivers.

but where is the driver ? i cant find it .

From the op:
Click on your device to get more info & download links.

Edit: Not all Magic Home devices work unfortunately (sorry Adam)

1 Like

Which ones don’t work??

????? Where is the driver please?

Very first post in this thread.

2 Likes

Which ones are unsupported? The only one without a proper driver should the the WS2811 controller—which I have an internal release for.

there is nothing there

Hmmm, the unsupported one I clicked on to check while posting is for the RGB Bulb.

• Where to buy:
    1. RGB bulb - I don't have one (yet)
  • Driver:
    1. Doesn't exist yet :frowning:

I guess I should have checked them all...
Sorry again. I'll stop now.